horseback riding in cozumel? stingray city in Grand Cayman?

Hi - we booked our cruise too late to reserve the excursions online. We were wondering if we should use the cruise ones, or book onshore when we get there. If we should horseback ride in cozumel and/or snorkel at stingray city at Cayman. I heard Captain Marvin is a great tour guide. Thanks for any help. Vic:)

We booked a cruise to Stingray City and snorkeling at the reef with Nativeway. The boat had less than a dozen people, and the ship excursions appeared to be very crowded. Nativeway charges about $30; if I remember correctly, the ship excursion was over $50. You can book online, and you do not have to prepay. We had a fantastic time, and some friends of mine booked them a few weeks ago while they were on a Carnival cruise. They thought it was great, too. I've heard great things about Captain Marvin's, too.

You might try the Ports of Call board, if you haven't already.

Can't help with your question about Cozumel. We went snorkeling and scuba diving there.

Have a great trip!

We booked Sting Ray City through our ship last year. It's a must do if you've never been. What a rush! Great excursion.

Just searched through all of our stuff from last year's cruise, and can't find the name of the company that took us out. I didn't see anyone not having a great time on any of the little vessels that took people out. Do it! You'll not regret it.

Know nothing about Horseback in Cozumel.....only what's on boards. Use the search engine! It's sure to fine SOMETHING on it. Try shore excursions RCCL.

The up side of booking through the ship is that if the tour runs late, they'll wait for you. :)

We've done the Stingray city tour through the ship twice and never had a problem with it being too crowded on the boat they take you out there on. Once you get there all the other boats are there and it's gets a little crowded in the water. It is sooooo much fun you don't care how crowded it is!!!!! :D So which ever way you pick you can't go wrong.

We just did the stingray tour with Nativeway Watersports this past Thursday. I can't say enough good things about it! Everything was exactly as stated. There were 28 passengers on our boat, but it didn't feel crowded or rushed. The guides made sure everyone got to pet, hold, feed, kiss the rays, even got back rubs from them, and took our pictures for us!

We booked online a couple of weeks before the cruise. We found out about them through the ports of call board. The price was $25pp, under 12 was $20.pp and DEFINITELY worth the money!

A

i also recommend nativeway. sharon is great. i have her booked for my cruise in 2 weeks.

you should also check out their website as they have added a few new tours. i was originally booked on the $22 pp stingray city tour, but i just switched to the $40 pp stingray city and city island drive tour. its the best of both worlds, you get to see stingray city and swim with the stingrays as well as board a motorcoach and tour the major attractions of the island!

I've done the stingray city thing and have no interest in doing that again. I'd love to do a non-stingray snorkel stop combined with an island tour, does anyone know of such a tour? The water in Grand Cayman is beautiful but I find colorful fish and coral more to my liking than the stingrays.

Archived