Newby on the cruise scene

Ellie Mae

My husband and I will be cruising for first time on the Summit Celebrity Cruisline. My question is "do we have irons and ironing boards available in our staterooms?:confused: Or should I pack one. Also I understand we do have hair dryers am I correct? Thank you for your help

Absolutely no irons in the cabins due to fire hazard. A travel steamer is a very good idea and also know that the ship will have a pressing service at a very reasonable cost. Yes, there are hair dryers on the ship.

My husband and I will be cruising for first time on the Summit Celebrity Cruisline. My question is "do we have irons and ironing boards available in our staterooms?:confused: Or should I pack one. Also I understand we do have hair dryers am I correct? Thank you for your help

There are no irons and you should NOT pack one. They are in fact against Coast guard regulations, try a steamer, wrinkle release spray or have the items pressed for you.

and Yeah I know, everyone takes them and they are "careful" It is a serious fire hazzard at sea and a danger to every passenger on board.

Most of the lines that have a self service laundry offer free use of the irons in those rooms.

I don't believe Celebrity ships have self-service laundries-- I know the ship we sailed, the Century, did not. Like other posters have said, wrinkle sprays or travel steamers work well. Also, if you pack each outfit on a wire coat hanger covered in a plastic dry cleaning bag, you'll find that your clothes get lots less wrinkled (and unpacking is a breeze).

As for hairdryers, I've never found one yet on a cruise ship or in a hotel room that was powerful enough for me. I always pack my own.

It really does make a difference if you keep your clothes on the hangers from the dry cleaners and keep the clothes still in the dry cleaning plastic. I read that tip on these boards and we didn't have any wrinkles last time. I took Downy Wrinkle Releaser on our first cruise and the bottle opened in the suitcase on our flight home and spilled on all our formal wear.

Julie

Archived