3 Ships at Half Moon Cay....

Hi everyone:
Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.
I had booked and confirmed the turquoise cabana for Feb. 2/07 and have now found out that the Volendam will no longer be going to HMC....but instead to Grand Turks, Turks & Caicos....according to cruisecal the Zuiderdam was also going to be at HMC as well so I guess we lost.....this makes me just a bit angry...I know things change ALOT but I specifically booked this cruise thru the Panama Canal because it stopped at HMC....so whatever ships are going to HMC on Feb 2 have a great time:( :( :( :(
There are NO blue skies in North Bay today
Does anyone know if you get a refund on your credit card or a shipboard credit?....being so far on the horizon
Grand Turk vs HMC......I think I'm a little more than just angry
Thanks for lettin me vent
Forget about building more cabanas they meaning HAL better buy some more islands!!!!

[quote name='debjo'][B]I wonder how that will affect my October 15, 2006 sailing? When I first checked on CruiseCal.com for the number of ships at HMC...my WESTERDAM was to be the only one. Later in my "planning" and prior to the HMC excursions being "open" for on-line bookings, I checked CruiseCal again and found that we'd be sharing the private island with another HAL ship...the AMSTERDAM.[/QUOTE]
Ummmmmm, wonder if we are gonna be on the island together? I'm leaving for a cruise on the Amsterdam on October 17, and I think we are scheduled to be at HMC from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the 21st. Is that the day your sailing stops there?

LOL ... don't worry ... I have no interest in a cabana. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

[quote name='sail7seas']What a diseaster IMO for Carnival ship and HAL ship to call there on the same day.
[/B][/QUOTE]
Interesting. I was just checking the itinerary on a Christian cruise I am thinking about taking ... on Carnival March of 2007. This is a full ship charter, so I'm not so much worried about it being on Carnival. It's a five-day Bahamas cruise, but one of the port stops is HMC. HAL would still be using HMC in March, wouldn't they? Wonder if the Carnival ship will be sharing the island with any of the HAL ships that day?

Of course, a Christian charter is not your average cruise (no alcohol ... hence no "party hearty" atmosphere) so I wouldn't expect there to be much of a problem ... but still, I would hate to see HAL begin sharing this island with other lines on the same day.

Blue skies ...

--rita

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Okay, I just tried it again, and we're no longer going to Chile on Feb 14th ... we're going to be at Half Moon Cay, Bahamas - and we're the only ship there (and hoping it stays that way!). Thanks for the help, all![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)[/FONT]

Archived