Is it ok to swap?

Hot4acruise

Hi, We are first time cruisers going to Bermuda saturday on the Zenith. We are going for our 2nd honeymoon (first really, long story) and made our reservations back in January, but just found out that we cant put our beds together to make one big one. :mad: If somebody need the extra sleeping space and wanted to trade would there be a rule against it? Our travel agent is trying to get us a different room but it doesn't look too promising. We are in 5086 Europa deck. Either way, it's gonna be fun!

If you were able to find someone else willing to switch rooms for you, there shouldn't be any reason the cruise line wouldn't do it. If you do it pre-cruise, you'd likely have to get your travel agent to speak with the other parties' agent so they could coordinate a switch.

Perhaps Ocngypz can weigh in on this question....she'd probably have some good insight for you.

Good luck and ENJOY!

At this point everything on the sailing is waitlisted except Zenith suites.

There's nothing rez can do at this point.

The agent would need to contact their DSM or Key Account Manager and see if revenue has a cabin in the same category they would release and switch. Rez can't even do it manually at this point.

Wheew.. this is one ship you really need to check bedding!! You didn't do a guarantee, did you?

Good luck.

Thank you both for writing back. Does guarantee you get a discounted rate to take whatever is available? If it is, then no. My wife is claustrophobic so she paid regular rate for an outside room with a window. A few days ago she was looking at the floor plans and noticed a symbol that the other cabins didn't have and called to ask what it was. She was told it had a L shaped couch, which she thought was a nice extra :) . Then we found out it was something completely different :eek: :D :eek: :eek: guess if worse come to worse we can always camp out on the floor =o)

Thank you both for writing back. Does guarantee you get a discounted rate to take whatever is available? If it is, then no. My wife is claustrophobic so she paid regular rate for an outside room with a window. A few days ago she was looking at the floor plans and noticed a symbol that the other cabins didn't have and called to ask what it was. She was told it had a L shaped couch, which she thought was a nice extra :) . Then we found out it was something completely different :eek: :D :eek: :eek: guess if worse come to worse we can always camp out on the floor =o)

I certainly hope you can find someone to switch with. I wanted to compliment you on your attitude! I hope you have a wonderful cruise no matter what configuartion you end up with!

Desiree

Thank you for your nice post:)

Things are looking up already. We might be able to switch to an unclaimed cabin on the same floor, and to top it off our travel agent gave my wife $250.00 (which she tried to refuse but she kept apologizing and insisting she take) in travelers checks. I got a feeling this is going to be the time of our lives!

Things are looking up already. We might be able to switch to an unclaimed cabin on the same floor, and to top it off our travel agent gave my wife $250.00 (which she tried to refuse but she kept apologizing and insisting she take) in travelers checks. I got a feeling this is going to be the time of our lives!

Congratulations on your good T/A and on your honeymoon. FWIW, my DH & I had a very small cabin on a 160 passenger ship (on Lake Winnipeg) for our five day honeymoon. It, too, had the L shape - one twin bed at right angles to the other! Dismay didn't even enter our minds -- we were laughing so hard. We managed. At the time we could both fit in a twin bed (although barely on this ship -- they were VERY narrow beds) and we were in a cuddling mood anyway. We just alternated beds each night. :D That was back in July 1975. We've been very happily married for 31 years as of June 28.

May you have a long and happy marriage. You sound like you are off to a great start.

Terry

Offtune Angel, Was there a reason you alternated beds? :D

If they don't end up switching you before you board, check with Guest Relations as soon as you board. We had the reverse problem on the Galaxy a few years ago. We have the beds seperated now because sometimes my husband snores so loudly that it's just better to at least be seperated by a few feet. GR was really nice and accomodating and they switched us with another couple who wanted their beds together. Actually I guess that was good for GR also because they were able to comply with two couples requests. Good Luck and have a wonderful cruise. :)

At this point everything on the sailing is waitlisted except Zenith suites.

That really surprises me. On both our Z cruises we were unable to get a ZS. They always seem to book up fast, even six months out. Might me a good option for the OP. It's your second honeymoon...splurge! LOL

Best of luck,

David

I'm not familiar with the configuration, but what about having your steward set up a rollaway adjacent to one of the beds, in effect making a doublebed?

It might be a bit long on one side, but sure beats squeezing into a twin!

Is it ok to swap?

anything is okay between two consenting adults!!!

Or between 4 consenting adults, as the case might be. :eek:

However....if you don't get it done before hand, write a brief and polite note to the Hotel Manager, take it to the front desk when you board and ask that it be delivered as soon as you sail. (He or she will be pretty busy until then). Explain that it is your honeymoon and ask if they can help in any way.

Have a wonderful time! And keep the $250, the TA should of told you about the bed arrangement when you booked that cabin. Now it was probably an honest error on the TA's part but your TA is also trying to make it right. Good TA.

We took a cruise for our honeymoon in 1992. The ship was small & older, & our beds wouldn't slide together. Our TA at the time conveniently neglected to mention this, & we boarded the ship with no clue that this would be the case. We spent the week sleeping on one twin bed. It's your honeymoon. What do you need a bigger bed for anyway? :p

Congrats!!! Have a great cruise! :)

We took a cruise for our honeymoon in 1992. The ship was small & older, & our beds wouldn't slide together. Our TA at the time conveniently neglected to mention this, & we boarded the ship with no clue that this would be the case. We spent the week sleeping on one twin bed. It's your honeymoon. What do you need a bigger bed for anyway? :p

Congrats!!! Have a great cruise! :)

'cause I weigh almost 600 lbs!

'cause I weigh almost 600 lbs!

Okay, you win on that one. :p I hope you know I was just kidding with my comment on needing a bigger bed. I've been married a long time. I can think of a few reasons for a bigger bed. ;) When it comes to sleeping, I'm used to having no room. I have the same amount of room in a twin bed or a king. My hubbies a snuggler. :rolleyes:

I hope your TA can work this out for you. :)

I'm average size, but I do have a bad habit of elbowing my baby in the head while i'm sleeping. I don't mind but she doesn't seem to like it :D

I can so empathize with her. My DH isn't only a snuggler. He's also a kicker. :eek:

Archived