Mistake in Ship's Itinerary? (Maui)

lynnck7

I've been trying to figure out why my itinerary (Pride of Aloha 7/9 out of Honolulu) shows arriving in Maui one morning, departing Maui the same night, and then again departing Maui the following night! If the ship stays there overnight, why isn't that listed like the overnight in Kauai? (It shows the ship arriving one morning and then departing the NEXT night--just doesn't mention the first night there.) I wanted to plan and book excursions, but wanted to make sure we're actually going to be there two days, so I called NCL (three times!) and got passed around to several people (each supposedly a "Hawaii desk expert") who either had no idea why it's like that or gave me crazy answers ("New people will be embarking in Maui and will be departing that night, but you'll be staying overnight." If we're on the same ship, how can they leave, but we stay????) I've looked at itineraries for the same ship with different dates, different ships with different ports of embarkation, etc., and all the ones that I saw are screwy. One that begins in Maui shows leaving one morning and then leaving the next morning, too!

Makes sense to me. The day you arrive those that boarded in Maui get off and new passengers get on but you stay overnight. The Itinerary even says you are staying overnight. Not sure what the issue is

http://www.ncl.com/itinerary/sched/pal_ha_7_hon.htm

DayPortArriveDepartSun.Honolulu, Oahu

- -

8:00pm

Mon.Nawiliwili, Kauai

7:00am

overnight

Tue.Nawiliwili, Kauai

- -

1:00pm

Wed.Hilo, Hawaii

9:00am

6:00pm

Thu.Kona, Hawaii

7:00am

6:00pm

Fri.Kahului, Maui

8:00am

overnight

(Optional tour to Lanai available)Sat.Kahului, Maui

- -

9:30pm

Sun.Honolulu, Oahu,

7:00am*

To add, this is how it looks for a Maui embarkation and disembarkation.

Fri. Kahului, Maui - - overnight (Optional tour to Lanai available)

Sat. Kahului, Maui - - 9:30pm

Sun. Honolulu, Oahu 7:00am 8:00pm

Mon. Nawiliwili, Kauai 7:00am overnight

Tue. Nawiliwili, Kauai - - 1:00pm (Scenic Cruising)

Wed. Hilo, Hawaii 9:00am 6:00pm

Thu. Kona, Hawaii 7:00am 8:00am

Fri. Kahului, Maui 8:00am

Check aboard on Friday in Kahului, spend Friday night at the pier, and don't leave Kahului onto Saturday night. Leave the ship Friday morning seven days later.

It looks very obvious to me.

Okay, call me blonde, but I still don't get it, and what's obvious to you guys is not coming so easily to me! Here is the ship's itinerary as copied and pasted from the NCL website, and it's the same as the one they sent me with cruise edocuments:

DayEventLocationTimeSunDEPART HONOLULU, US 8:00 PMMonARRIVE-DOCK NAWILIWILI (KAUAI), US 7:00 AMTueDEPART NAWILIWILI (KAUAI), US 1:00 PMTueCRUISE 1:01 PMWedARRIVE-DOCK HILO, US 9:00 AMWedDEPART HILO, US 6:00 PMThuARRIVE-ANCHOR KONA, US 7:00 AMThuDEPART KONA, US 6:00 PMFriARRIVE-DOCK KAHULUI (MAUI), US 7:00 AMFriDEPART KAHULUI (MAUI), US 9:30 PMSatDEPART KAHULUI (MAUI), US 9:30 PMSunARRIVE-DOCK HONOLULU, US 7:00 AM

This is the SHIP's schedule, correct (regardless of who gets on and off)? How does it depart Friday night at 9:30 P.M. AND on Saturday night at 9:30 P.M.? Also, it doesn't say OVERNIGHT.

Here's the itinerary for those who will be getting on in Maui on that Friday (as copied and pasted from the NCL website):

DayEventLocationTimeFriDEPART KAHULUI (MAUI), US 9:30 PMSatDEPART KAHULUI (MAUI), US 9:30 PMSunARRIVE-DOCK HONOLULU, US 7:00 AMSunDEPART HONOLULU, US 8:00 PMMonARRIVE-DOCK NAWILIWILI (KAUAI), US 7:00 AMTueDEPART NAWILIWILI (KAUAI), US 1:00 PMTueCRUISE 1:01 PMWedARRIVE-DOCK HILO, US 9:00 AMWedDEPART HILO, US 6:00 PMThuARRIVE-ANCHOR KONA, US 7:00 AMThuDEPART KONA, US 6:00 PMFriARRIVE-DOCK KAHULUI (MAUI), US 7:00 AM

spacer.gif

It also shows the ship departing on both Friday and Saturday nights! You've convinced me that I will, in fact, be in Maui two days, and I guess what the schedule says is moot at this point, but I'm still blonde and confused!

Not that I can answer the question, but at least the following is readable. I just inserted some spaces and a carriage return (enter)

By the way, for future reference to other posters, you can usually edit your posting for a few minutes after it is posted if you notice some errors.

Okay, call me blonde, but I still don't get it, and what's obvious to you guys is not coming so easily to me! Here is the ship's itinerary as copied and pasted from the NCL website, and it's the same as the one they sent me with cruise edocuments:

DayEventLocationTime

Sun DEPART HONOLULU, US 8:00 PM

Mon ARRIVE-DOCK NAWILIWILI (KAUAI), US 7:00 AM

Tue DEPART NAWILIWILI (KAUAI), US 1:00 PM

Tue CRUISE 1:01 PM

Wed ARRIVE-DOCK HILO, US 9:00 AM

Wed DEPART HILO, US 6:00 PM

Thu ARRIVE-ANCHOR KONA, US 7:00 AM

Thu DEPART KONA, US 6:00 PM

Fri ARRIVE-DOCK KAHULUI (MAUI), US 7:00 AM

Fri DEPART KAHULUI (MAUI), US 9:30 PM

Sat DEPART KAHULUI (MAUI), US 9:30 PM

Sun ARRIVE-DOCK HONOLULU, US 7:00 AM

This is the SHIP's schedule, correct (regardless of who gets on and off)? How does it depart Friday night at 9:30 P.M. AND on Saturday night at 9:30 P.M.? Also, it doesn't say OVERNIGHT.

Here's the itinerary for those who will be getting on in Maui on that Friday (as copied and pasted from the NCL website):

DayEventLocationTime

Fri DEPART KAHULUI (MAUI), US 9:30 PM

Sat DEPART KAHULUI (MAUI), US 9:30 PM

Sun ARRIVE-DOCK HONOLULU, US 7:00 AM

Sun DEPART HONOLULU, US 8:00 PM

Mon ARRIVE-DOCK NAWILIWILI (KAUAI), US 7:00 AM

Tue DEPART NAWILIWILI (KAUAI), US 1:00 PM

Tue CRUISE 1:01 PM

Wed ARRIVE-DOCK HILO, US 9:00 AM

Wed DEPART HILO, US 6:00 PM

Thu ARRIVE-ANCHOR KONA, US 7:00 AM

Thu DEPART KONA, US 6:00 PM

Fri ARRIVE-DOCK KAHULUI (MAUI), US 7:00 AM

spacer.gif

It also shows the ship departing on both Friday and Saturday nights! You've convinced me that I will, in fact, be in Maui two days, and I guess what the schedule says is moot at this point, but I'm still blonde and confused!

I DID edit that post--I went through and separated all the dates on both of those itineraries so that they'd each have their own line. It looked fine before I finally submitted it, but then I'm completely new to this posting stuff (and blonde!), so I guess I did something wrong. Thanks, anyway, for taking the time to do that for me. Now if somebody can just answer my question (that has become more like a quest!), I can sleep tonight!

Archived