St Petersburg... Constellation... Shuttle??

Are you talking about if you get your own VISA for St. Petersburg? If so, then the answer is "no." You are responsible for getting to the dock gates (usually about 1 mile away), where you can pick up a cab or a bus there. Some people on these boards say that you can pick up a shuttle for the dock workers that will take you to the gate (and pick up a cab from there), but we didn't see any such shuttle, so I can't verify or discount this.

Yes, we do have our own Visa's and we will be touring independently during the evening and the 2nd day. We have our first day booked with a guide from Denrus so we can get a good feel of the city.

I thought I read somewhere that RCL provided a shuttle (to Hotel Astoria) so I thought Celebrity might do the same thing.... but maybe that was for tour groups??

Thanks again for your response.

Hi Spuds,

Just got back from the Baltics Cruise. We saw no shuttles at the docks in St Petersburg and there was no announcement in the daily paper stating that there would be any. I don't think Celebrity thought that there would be any passengers (or very few) getting their own visas and doing their own thing and that shuttles would not be needed. Whilst on our tour we drove through the Port to a checkpoint with guards who wanted to see the papers our guide had, then they let us through. The tour guide explained that she has to pay for entry to/from the port. I didn't see any taxis or buses etc at this point either. Doesn't mean to say there aren't any though just weren't there when we passed through. We were quite a way from town and the traffic was horrendous (slightly less on the Saturday) so, if you are doing this on your own just be aware of the time it might take to get back from wherever you plan to visit.

Perhaps you could ask your tour people, Denrus, if they have a couple of spare seats on a tour bus on the second day and if you could perhaps pay to cadge a lift into town.

Best of luck for your trip,

Lyn

Archived