Calica/Playa Del Carmen

MTcruiser

We'll be going here in september. Does anyone know if taxi's are at the port to take people to playa del carmen. I see carnival offers an excursion there but i would rather come and go as i want.

Thanks for any info.

We'll be going here in september. Does anyone know if taxi's are at the port to take people to playa del carmen. I see carnival offers an excursion there but i would rather come and go as i want.

Thanks for any info.

Ports have their own forums and this type of question should be asked there. It will probably get moved by the host. Yes, even if you are on a Carnival ship.

Here is a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187

MT, Yes, they do have cabs. You'll dock at Calica, which is just an ugly, working rock quarry. Cabs will be lined up to quickly whisk you away!:)

The ride to Playa del Carmen is about 10 minutes. Hang on! Those MX cabbies drive like a bat outta h***! The cabs (last time I was there) are $10 per cab, not per person.

PdC has LOTS of shopping, the shopkeepers can be a bit pushy, but just walk away. There's a public beach just past the little park, and some really GOOD food in the restaurants on Avenue 5.

Archived