What I find Supriseing

MikeT718

Something that I do not understand about these NCL boards is the lack of reviews of the Crown..I see every other ship mentioned but very little about the Crown...You would think that would be a major topic of conversation due to it's being sold and comming to an END of an era..that era is the the loss of the smaller ships ...Maybe I am just to accostumed to the HAL boards where where there is a review about every ship after every cruise..You can't that there are no CCer's on the Crown this season because I do see the "Roll Call Boards"....

Ok we know that I really enjoy HAL so start your flame throwers..But remember I am booked on the Crown for her last season in Bermuda:D

I was on Crown over Christmas in South America and loved every minute aboard her, she is a lovely little ship :D

And now that she is going to my favourite cruise line, I am absolutely thrilled to bits cos I really really really really really want to sail on her again and again :D

My SA review is in the review section, not sure if any have been added since mine though cos IMO she is looked upon as the Cinderella of the fleet.

But I love the ship :D

Something that I do not understand about these NCL boards is the lack of reviews of the Crown..I see every other ship mentioned but very little about the Crown...You would think that would be a major topic of conversation due to it's being sold and comming to an END of an era..that era is the the loss of the smaller ships ...Maybe I am just to accostumed to the HAL boards where where there is a review about every ship after every cruise..You can't that there are no CCer's on the Crown this season because I do see the "Roll Call Boards"....

Ok we know that I really enjoy HAL so start your flame throwers..But remember I am booked on the Crown for her last season in Bermuda:D

Mike, if you do a search (click on the search button at the top of the page), for Crown, you'll see recent thread called NCL Crown SOLD.

There's a discussion in there.

Have fun.

Something that I do not understand about these NCL boards is the lack of reviews of the Crown.
Mike...the general NCL board isn't the official CC member review board and not everyone posts a review of their cruise here. If you want reviews of the Crown, you should visit the review board.

Hi Mike,

I totally agree. Most of the reviews are old. There is a big section on the sail of the ship. However, I am going on the Crown on 10/21/07and wanted to know something about the ship. Well it appears no one has stayed in AD suite 1019. I would really like to see a picture. I have also found that people either love her or hate her. Me personaly, chose the Crown for the itenary to Bermuda and the smallnest. I don't like big crowds.

Kerrie

I know that i can just go to the ship reviews but..What I find there is that there is nothing current and there is no better feed back then to talk to someone who just got off a ship while it's fresh in their minds

Hi Mike,

I totally agree. Most of the reviews are old. There is a big section on the sail of the ship. However, I am going on the Crown on 10/21/06 and wanted to know something about the ship. Well it appears no one has stayed in AD suite 1019. I would really like to see a picture. I have also found that people either love her or hate her. Me personaly, chose the Crown for the itenary to Bermuda and the smallnest. I don't like big crowds.

Kerrie

I had cabin 3037 but I did spend alot of time in 1002, one of the end balcony suites, directly under part of the crown.

As you walked in the cabin door, turned to the left, there was the double bed with cabinets either side. To the right of the bed were the huge sliding doors out onto the balcony, it had a table and 4 chairs in wicker. Going back into the cabin, infront of the end of the bed is a nice seating area with 2 chairs and a sofabed. The room is divided by 4 or 5 floor to ceiling wardrobes, all mirror fronted. Towards the back of the cabin, behind the seating area, there is a dining suite and a desk. At the very rear of the cabin there is a fairly large marble bathroom with jacuzzi bath, shower over the bath, toilet and washbasin.

There is a television and dvd player on a plinth that can be turned to face either the bed or the seating area.

I hope that helps you a little to visualise one of the balcony suites, sorry I wasn't able to provide any photos though...I didn't actually take any :o

If anyone has any other questions about the ship, I will try and be of help.

Granted its a few months ago now but my review that was posted in the NCL section of the main site here can be found on this link...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=278664&highlight=crown+christmas

It might throw some light on the ship for you, like I said, if you want anything clarified, please don't hesitate to ask and I'll try and help you. :)

Archived