I'm going to have to be up early on Saturday!

norm2002

Just found that the Pride will be passing under Tower Bridge on Saturday at 6am.

http://www.towerbridge.org.uk/TowerBridge/English/BridgeLifts/schedule.htm

I thought I remembered the announcement was that it would only start again next year. As she'll be in London so few times this year, I really may have to be up early to watch the sail in. Means leaving home by 5am! :eek: Or maybe I should have a lie in and be there for the sailaway! At least at 6am there won't be too many people competing for the best view!

Norm,

If you do get up for the Pride's arrival at the London Tower Bridge this Saturday, you just might capture a wonderful image with the sun rising over the Pride! :) I do not know when sunrise is scheduled that day nor which direction the sun will rise relative to the ship; however, if there is an image worth capturing, Norm, you will get it! And if you do, you might have to change your avatar or better yet, enter your photo in the Seabourn Herald's Photography contest! :)

Oh, if I were Ms. Moneybags, wouldn't I take you up on that breakfast Norm! It would be fun to turn to Jeeves and say "I was just invited to breakfast in London....call the private jet, please!" I can't imagine experiencing the thrill of being in England and being on Seabourn. I might just faint dead away!

If you do take pix...please post them, so we can sigh in envy. Didn't know it was possible to fall in love with a cruise line!!!

Jane :rolleyes:

No, Paul. Sunrise in London on Saturday is 4.50am. I will NOT get to Tower Bridge by 4.50 :eek:.

COWABUNGA! That is a very early morning! :eek: You might still get a nice photo of the ship if you decide to go for her arrival. If you decide to stay home and get more sleep, that is a good thing as you will need to be well rested for the westbound Legend crossing in Nov.! ;) :D

Great picture. I love the way the ship is framed by the ivy-covered columns. Keep them coming!

Have to decide what to do on Saturday. If I go to the better location for taking photos, I'll be too far away to wave at people on the ship. Do you think if I email the Captain, he'll hold the ship mid-river while I run across the Bridge between locations?

Do you think if I email the Captain, he'll hold the ship mid-river while I run across the Bridge between locations?

Norm - to assure the Captain's agreement, you will most likely need a follow up Email from Miss Martita B. to assure your wish is granted! ;) :D

Archived