Insurance Question???????????

My Husband and I booked a cruise on Nov 5th on the FOS with RCCL and we are getting insurance. My questions is we did not book the airfare with RCCL is my flight gets delayed for some reason will my insurance cover it.

Thanks for any info.

The cruise line insurance will NOT cover flight problems unless you bought the air from them.

If you travel to the port independently, you are on your own.

Look around the web; you might find an insurance company that will cover the whole thing for you at a better price, too. I find the cruise insurance to be a bit "spendy" for my taste.

While I have not read RCI's insurance, Celebrity insurance does cover independant air meeting their requirements for cancellation or delay.

Celebirty is now owned by RCCL, I would think their insurance programs would be the same or similar, but go to their website and READ the insurance package.:p

I have RCCL insurance on our trip and have spoken to the CruiseCare insurance reps and they do cover independently booked airfare (which we also have)...however, definitely read the fine print as the coverage explains what the percentage of coverage is for specific instances. They have a chart that lists all this info. It's on the RCCL website under the Vacation Protection details section....

The info below is directly form the RCI website under cruise protection:

CruiseCare Travel Insurance provides cancellation and interruption protection for independently booked air, as well as coverages to protect you during your covered Trip, as follows:

Trip Cancellation for Independently Booked Air up to Total Original Airfare Cost.

Trip Interruption for Independently Booked Airup to 150% of Total Original Airfare Cost.

Trip Delay up to $500: If you miss the departure of your trip due to carrier-caused delays or other covered reasons, the plan reimburses you for additional accommodations, meals and "catch-up" transportation expenses.

Baggage Protection: If your baggage or personal property is lost, stolen, or damaged, the plan will cover up to $1,500. If your bags are delayed or misdirected for more than 24 hours, the plan will reimburse you up to $500 for the purchase of necessary personal items.

:confused:

Archived