Voyager Deck 10

popper

Has anyone stayed on Deck 10 - particularly 1055 with wrap around deck?

Saw a post about diners at La Verandah being able to overlook the balcony of 1055 - is it too intrusive?

Thanks!

I have not stayedon 10, but I was in the Horizon suite on 9. Because each deck is graduated, yes, you can be observed from the restaurant. You will hear conversations, but most people will probably look at you once on your balcony, and then go on with their conversation. On 9 the overhang from 10 was enough that you could sit out and not be seen...the closer you get to the railing, the more you can be seen.

Enjoy.

We were on the back of deck 10 a few years ago. La Veranda wasnt intrusive . . . but you could here the chairs moving around up there sometimes and got some of the cooking smell in the morning. We also noticed a vibration back there . . . the ship wasnt full so we asked to be moved to a different room. I have noticed in other threads that this didnt really bother some people, but was a problem for others (like us).

Last year we sailed on the Voyager and were in cabin 1058. We loved it and this year, we are in another Horizon suite on deck 9. Occasionally you will be aware of the vibration as well as the movement of furniture on deck 11. We also notced that as they daily washed the deck above, our deck would also get wet. In our opinion, the pluses far exceeded the few negatives. Enjoy your trip!

• 4 weeks later...

We are considering Horizon C category, cabin 1055 which has a large wrap around deck - it sounds wonderful, but based on other posts we are worried that the vibration will be annoying.

Our agent recommended it, but I don't know if that is because it really is a great cabin, or if it's hard to sell and there is some sort of incentive for agents to push it?

Also, which aft deck has more vibration? the lower decks 6/7 or higher decks 9/10?

Thanks

1055 is a very desireable suite with a huge wrap-around terrace. I believe that it is very much in demand. Grab it if you still can! I'm sure RSSC does not pay TAs a bonus for selling it. If anything, you should pay a bonus to your TA for getting it for you.

We haven't noticed much difference in vibration from deck to deck aft on the Voyager. Our favorite suites are Seven Seas suites 673 and 674 because they have the largest terraces (271 square feet) on board. Even though they are on the lowest deck, closest to the engines, we have never been bothered by the minor (to us) vibration.

Archived