Where have 2005 Destiny sailings gone?

mininutrsp

I have been looking at sailing the Destiny in September 2005 and suddenly in the last few days the only open date is September 4. This is the case on Carnival's website as well as almost every other I've checked. Is it possible that this far out everything has filled for the month or are they just pushing the Labor Day cruise? Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, so a question then. I know it's not always great to sail on the 1st few sailings of a brand new ship due to "the bugs needing to get worked out". But I'd think that the 1st sailings after a drydock would be fine. Is this true? My SIL and friend want us to book the Destiny in Oct. of 2005 so we'd be "lucky" in that the ship would be all "spiffed up" right? :confused:

I would not sail the first two weeks after a "major" drydock which it sounds like the Destiny will be getting if she is out for four weeks. More than likely it will be just cosmetic changes but sometimes they can still be laying carpet and such if they run behind. I have to say that Carnival seems to be the best on having their ships ready after refurbs and such compared to the other cruise lines.

Not sure if a refurbished ship would have same problems as a new ship, but we took the Zuiderdamm about a month after it's first sail and there were SO many problems. We'd never do it again. All the issues really put a damper on our cruise.

• 4 months later...
But I'd think that the 1st sailings after a drydock would be fine. Is this true?

Not necessarily. If they don't finish in time, they continue working into the next scheduled cruise. Had that happen to me on the Jubilee.

Just a minor inconvenience. But if something is wrong from the refurbishment......

I would also advise against going on the last cruise before an overhaul. My niece cruised on the Ecstasy before she went into drydock and a crew met them while they were still out to sea and started tearing up carpets, etc. She said the last day was a mess onboard the ship. Passageways had carpets ripped out, construction materials all over the place, lounges closed down, etc.

Archived