Hotels in Miami

Neals6

I have been hearing so much about the hotels in miami.I've got the days inn port of miami booked so should i keep it? we did get a good price and they have shuttle service. Any suggestions? we are going on inmagination on sept. 2 ,2006.

The Days Inn near the Bayside Marketplace is good. However, I liked the Intercontinential Hotel (a few blocks away) ...

DCP_0042.jpg

Looking at the photo above, behind the camera about two blocks is the Bayside Marketplace. To the right of the above photo is the free Metro Mover ...

DCP_0045.jpg

The pool looks like this ...

DCP_0049.jpg

When I woke up, I could see my ship in the port ...

DCP_0057.jpg

And this is what the hotel looks like from the deck of the ship ...

DCP_0096.jpg

I've never stayed at the Days Inn Downtown/Port but I just checked Tripadvisor and there are NO good reviews for that property. :(

What is a 'good deal' if you don't mind me asking. Maybe we can help find you something in the same range but with better reviews.

Coleen :)

We stayed at the Days Inn by the port last year. Here is my view on the place. If you are arriving late .... after 10 pm and really just need a place to sleep for a few hours, then it wasnt too bad. However, if you are planning to be in Miami for most of the day and hanging around the motel and swimming for the day... then I may suggest you stay somewhere else.

For the most part the Days Inn was clean. The staff friendly and helpful... the rooms were pretty sparse... but that is what we expected. Here is what we didnt like.... the sink in our room must have been leaking for a while. The carpet under the sink was pretty wet and smelly. There was also a big dirty foot print in the bathtub.... probably someone stepped in the wet carpet and for some reason was stepping in the tub?????? Anyway, we arrived after 10 pm and made a grocery stop after we checked in ( that is one nice thing... they will drive you to a local grocery store and then come back and pick you up... free) So, by the time we were back in our room and really had a look around it was well after 11:30 pm.... we didnt want to go through the hassle of moving rooms... so we stayed and I got money off the room the next morning. We were up and ready to go to the port before 9 am... they will start taking you over there as soon as they have a van and a van load ready.

BTW... we have also stayed at the Days Inn by the airport... would not recommend this one... did not feel safe walking through the property late at night.

This next cruise coming up, we will be staying at the Holiday Inn by the port.

We stayed at the Days Inn by the port last year. Here is my view on the place. If you are arriving late .... after 10 pm and really just need a place to sleep for a few hours, then it wasnt too bad. However, if you are planning to be in Miami for most of the day and hanging around the motel and swimming for the day... then I may suggest you stay somewhere else.

For the most part the Days Inn was clean. The staff friendly and helpful... the rooms were pretty sparse... but that is what we expected. Here is what we didnt like.... the sink in our room must have been leaking for a while. The carpet under the sink was pretty wet and smelly. There was also a big dirty foot print in the bathtub.... probably someone stepped in the wet carpet and for some reason was stepping in the tub?????? Anyway, we arrived after 10 pm and made a grocery stop after we checked in ( that is one nice thing... they will drive you to a local grocery store and then come back and pick you up... free) So, by the time we were back in our room and really had a look around it was well after 11:30 pm.... we didnt want to go through the hassle of moving rooms... so we stayed and I got money off the room the next morning. We were up and ready to go to the port before 9 am... they will start taking you over there as soon as they have a van and a van load ready.

BTW... we have also stayed at the Days Inn by the airport... would not recommend this one... did not feel safe walking through the property late at night.

This next cruise coming up, we will be staying at the Holiday Inn by the port.

Oh NO!! This is where our travel agent has booked us for our cruise in Nov. Is is a pink hotel?? Can you tell me more about why you did not like it?? :)

You probably won't feel safe walking around the Holiday Inn at night either. Between the Hotel and Bayside, you're probably OK. If you go out the front door, turn left, and then left again (toward the parking lot out back), good luck. I didn't feel real safe walking that direction during the day!

I just stayed ( 5/12/06) at the La Quinta/Baymont on LeJeune Rd at the airport. The hotel was very clean, the staff was extremely pleasant & helpful, the free breakfast in the morning was very nice & more than just the run of the mill continental one offered by most hotels.. They offer a shuttle from the airport to the hotel & then to the cruise pier. There is a Bennigan's right next door for dinner but beyond that there is nothing within walking distance. For the price & convience this is a great LITTLE hotel. We paid $86. total for 4 persons in a room & last I heard you can park your car there for the week free. Well, that was when it was Baymont not sure now that it is La Quinta but you could always call their 1-800 number & ask.:)

Danysmom...

The Days Inn by the Airport ( I believe it is the Days Inn Airport North... please be sure you have the correct location when waiting for the shuttle at the airport as there are several different Days Inns... can get confusing!!!!)

Anyway, our stay at the Days Inn by the airport was again a short stay. We arrived after 10 pm and planned to leave as early as we could to get to the port in the morning. ( they too will start shuttles around 9ish when they have a full shuttle). The rooms were clean, the lobby was clean but attatched to the lobby was a lounge that really gave me the creeps!!!! Looked like a lot of creepy locals hanging out on a Saturday night at the motel lounge. There was a "bellman" to show us to our rooms... at first we were thinking that we really didnt need him and we could find our way just fine. But, after he started walking with us and we found that the property is quite a bit larger then we thought... we found that maybe it was just safer walking with him. We didnt have any problems at this location... just didnt feel like we could walk around the property at night. ( i know better then to walk around any part of Miami after dark ).

I wouldnt say that it is terrible... it was very cheap at the time... and basically you get what you pay for.

Hello,

Did you have a return suttle to the motel after the cruise? We will be leaving our car there and would need to get back to the car.

Thank you,

ROLLING TIDE

The port does not allow return shuttles to pick you up at the port, you have to take a taxi, atleast that is what we were told. The taxi ride only cost $28 for five of us.

The port does not allow return shuttles to pick you up at the port, you have to take a taxi, atleast that is what we were told. The taxi ride only cost $28 for five of us.

If I recall correctly, in August 2004 I took a Hertz shuttle from the port to the Hertz rental location.

• 4 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I stayed at the Days Inn Downtown a few years ago. It was dirty and the desk staff was not only unfriendly, they were downright rude!! As for the "free shuttle", my friend and I were the first to wait outside for the shuttle. As we waited, more people came and by the time the shuttle arrived, there were at least 20 people waiting. However, the shuttle had been making the rounds picking up other people at other hotels. By the time it got to the Days Inn, there were only about 8 seats left. Since there was no real "line", the people closest to the door of the shuttle hopped on and took the seats. We had to wait another 1/2 hour before the next shuttle came and THE SAME THING HAPPENED!!! By the third shuttle, my friend and I decided we had to be aggressive and push our way to the front in order to get a ride. I hate to do that.. It's not my nature. Maybe it has improved since we stayed there (2003) but from our experience, we will never stay there again!!!!

Archived