Ground Transportation needed for scooter between Gatwick and Southampton seaport

Sweet Te

My sisters and mom (not-internet active) are planning a 14-day cruise out of Southampton seaport leaving at the end of July. Mom is disabled and has an accessible stateroom. They need ground transportation from Gatwick airport to Southampton seaport (about 88 miles or kilometers, not sure which) that will accommodate Mom's scooter. As those who are well-traveled out of the US know, accessibility isn't the standard outside of the US that it is here at home. Princess has been little to no help with her special needs.

Does anyone have any experience with this need in this particular port? Suggestions would be appreciated.

-Te

I have had better luck with Princess than you have had. We were transferred from the airport to our pre-cruise stay (Rome) in a mercedes taxi with my rolling walker in the trunk. Can your mom transfer to a seat in a car? If so call the princess number BUT ask for a supervisor who can help with an access issue. This is what I did and it was OK.

Hi Te,

We are cruising out of Dover in August. David Stubbs is providing our transfer from Heathrow. He is using a Kia minivan to transport my husband's scooter, wheelchair, our luggage and us. He will meet our flight at the airport (it's so exciting to be met at an airport-never did that before!) Anyway, I did alot of research and he had the best price.

Email him. He replies quickly. I asked in my original email about Heathrow or Gatwick so I know he does both. He also does tours on the way if you want. He was highly recommended on cruise critic.

www.londoncountrytours.co.uk. is his website.

davidstubbs@lineone.net is his email.

Hope this helps.:)

we use an electric scooter and last year went from london to southampton for the golden princess and have gone from london to harwich for the jewel of the seas. on both occasions we used trevor pollitt who is the owner of wheelchair travel co. his e-mail is trevor@wheelchairtravel.co.uk and his fax is 01483 237772. he has several vans and drivers and if you contact him i am sure he would be able to meet your flight at gatwick and drive to southampton pier. hugh chandler san diego

Archived