Pleasantly Surprised

At the very nice posts on this board. DH and I just got off our first cruise (5/14-5/21) on Carnival Victory (and had the time of our lives). I have been on the Carnival boards for months now. Occasionally someone would post about how horrible Carnival was and how they are only cruising RCI from then on. Most of these posters were rude as opposed to constuctively critical. I just found a really good deal on a cruise on RCI for our anniversary. I came over here to check things out and so far every post I have read was good and DID NOT bash other lines. Makes me feel better about booking this cruise.:D

Welcome Molly:cool: ...you will LOVE RCI...(esp if you liked that icky other cruise line, I mean they are sooo awful, how could you have cruised them...icky-poo...) :p :p Im just kidding...:p

As you know these boards are a wealth of knowlage and I am very happy I stumbled upon them..I have met some very nice cruisers and some very pleasent people.:)

Happy cruising and be sure to sign up for Meet&Mingle on the rollcall thread for your Sailing!

-Kandy

(Molly, I like your sig line)

Hey Molly,

Welcome to RCCL, I too am coming over from Carnival and taking my first RCCL cruise in March.

99.5% of the reviews and posts are positive on this board. I won't give them 100% because there is some people who are never happy ! LOL. Enjoy reading all about a new cruiseline. This will be my 10th cruise but I am still learning so much!

Sue

You will love your RCCL cruise but i have to warn you....The bedding is not as good as on Carnival. My wife and I love RCCL/celebrity. We do enjoy them better then the carnival cruise we went on but...the bedding on Carnival is much better. I slept great. You can even buy a set of the bedding for home. Talk about a cruise line making money every step of the way now they are selling bedding. I almost broke down and ordered it but my wife stopped me.

Welcome Molly,

I have also sailed both lines more than once and liked them both.. Give us a try over here. We are really very friendly to all boards and their people. Well, most of the time. :) ;)

I found this site to be my home base now, but I have no problem with anyone doing other lines.. ;)

Molly, welcome to the board, I know you'll enjoy your RCCL cruise. We've been on 5 different lines and am here to say that any cruise and cruise line I've ever been on sure beat being at work! The only exception might be a cruise on the old Carla Costa. We had a room so far down in the ship we had to row.

Bill

You will love your RCCL cruise but i have to warn you....The bedding is not as good as on Carnival. My wife and I love RCCL/celebrity. We do enjoy them better then the carnival cruise we went on but...the bedding on Carnival is much better. I slept great. You can even buy a set of the bedding for home. Talk about a cruise line making money every step of the way now they are selling bedding. I almost broke down and ordered it but my wife stopped me.

The rccl bedding is changing and by the time they go, depending on when their anniversary is, the bedding might have changed. It starts with Freedom and they every ship will have the same bedding by March of next year.

The rccl bedding is changing and by the time they go, depending on when their anniversary is, the bedding might have changed. It starts with Freedom and they every ship will have the same bedding by March of next year.

Good to know! We did love the bed on Carnival. Our anniversary is Jan. 9th, so we are booking Vision of the Seas Jan. 7-14. I love the itenerary for this sailing. Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome. I have only been on one cruise but whole heartly agree with the post that says any day on a cruise is better than a day at work!;)

Molly the one thing I do love about people here is all the information they share. I found this board only a few weeks before my first cruise. I was so happy to know more than friends who already were cruising. We can sometimes start a heated debate:rolleyes: , but that is the same anywhere online.

Hello!!! My first big ship cruises were on Carnival and I did not have any complaints ( except maybe for the loud partiers ). Then..........I tried RCCL and am hooked!!! Seems everything is from a little to a lot better on RCCL. I hope you find this line great also!!! Happy cruising!!!!

Would like to suggest that you go to the "ROLL CALL" area. There you can find the cruise you are taking and chat with people who will be on the same cruise. You become friendly with them before you ever meet them at Meet and Mingle....be sure to sign up for that!!!

Mocorobabe

Archived