private shore excursions in Italy

I am arranging private tours through a company call driverinrome.com

Got the name from info I read on this site. Does anybody know anything more about them, good or bad.

We used them and would give them a very hearty endorsement. Plan on using them again late this year for Amalfi Coast (and maybe airport to port transportation.)

Perhaps do a search here...they are mentioned very frequently on this Europe Board.

Enjoy your trip!

You may have read my postings on this a ways back; or else they're buried so far down now, no one will ever see it again. ;)

I used Driver in Rome 3 years ago in both Rome & Florence. Daniele & I spent a lot of time e-mailing back & forth firming up an itinerary from my "wish list". When you see their rates on their website, they "may" seem a little high; but they're not really. It's amazing just how much you can accomplish in a one day port of call w/ a private tour. They have immaculate late model Mercedes sedans (or larger vans if needed). The drivers were well dressed, articulate & knowledgeable (even though ours were not licensed guides, by choice). They were waiting for us alongside the pier (in Civitavecchia & Livorno respectively) at the designated times. Can't emphasize enough how nice it is to be dropped off right at the door (rather than blocks away in a bus lot). I even had a pair of walkie talkies that we used in case we wanted to be picked up sooner than the appointed time. The day couldn't have been more perfect. I was sad that Daniele was on vacation during our visit to Italy; so he was unable to drive for us. We had Aldo in Rome (simply delightful, so much fun). In Florence, we had Paul, who is a sort of "fill in" driver for them. He was okay; but had the personality of a rock. I gave those comments to Daniele; & he followed up w/ an e-mail apology. Would I use them again? You bet, in a N.Y. minute! I KNOW you will be pleased w/ this choice. :)

We used them last year in Rome, Naples, and Florence. Excellent choice you have made! You days will be full and you will have experiences that will last your lifetime. Do not worry about anything, they are professionals!

Archived