Has Princess formally banned small coffeemakers brought on by passengers?

lkmamom

I asked this on the "terrible coffee" thread, but thought that I might get a quicker response this way.

I just looked on the Princess website which has been updated since I last looked.

I could not find anywhere that coffeemakers were not allowed. We have always taken a small coffeemaker, recently, it has even gotten smaller;).

I am sure that some things have changed with the Star fire, but I was not aware that this had changed.

Linda

A copy of my response in the other thread to this same issue:

The comments about coffee makers not being allowed in rooms is partially correct. However, it's more like coffee makers are "discouraged" rather than outright banned at this point. And, if you're in a mini or a suite - you can do what you want to do and the steward will make it work. They'll not only do a full set-up with all the cups, utensils, and additives (including Bailey's, etc.) - they'll even go get you good ground coffee when you run out. And, the steward will come in to ensure your coffee maker is unplugged when you leave your suite to ensure safety.

Bill

I know that during the discussion of the Star Princess fire, there is a regulation either already in place (and uninforced) or being instituted that bans the use of coffee pots. Someone quoted the regulation and I'll see if I can find the reference.

Hi there, I'll repost here, too!:)

We've discussed this on other boards, but it seems that coffee is a real hot-button issue (pardon the pun). I'm going to reiterate what I posted before, that I called Princess Cust. Service, and they told me that bringing a coffeemaker was okay, as long as it doesn't have a caraffe/hot plate. I found a cheap one on Amazon that pours directly into two travel mugs, and it's pretty compact.

We certainly wouldn't bring it if it were forbidden, but there doesn't seem to be a true consensus on this. I'm not looking to open the debate as to whether a certain person would bring a coffeemaker or not - I get it, a lot of people think it's silly, a lot of people don't leave home without it.

Personally, I'm bringing mine, since I got the thumbs up from Princess Customer Service. Also, because someone asked on another post - Nooooooooo, I didn't call 50 times until I got the answer I wanted. I only called once, and I was prepared for either answer.

And, if you're in a mini or a suite - you can do what you want to do and the steward will make it work. They'll not only do a full set-up with all the cups, utensils, and additives (including Bailey's, etc.) - they'll even go get you good ground coffee when you run out. And, the steward will come in to ensure your coffee maker is unplugged when you leave your suite to ensure safety.

Bill

On another note, Bill, we are in a balcony stateroom, how do we get the full set-up? :D Anyone on our cruise, come on over, coffee party in our room!

-Vanessa

... we are in a balcony stateroom, how do we get the full set-up? -Vanessa
You won't be able to get the Bailey's unless you pay for it but the cups, utensils, etc. can easily be obtained by asking your room steward.

Anyone on our cruise, come on over, coffee party in our room!

LOL :D

We actually did have some a few coffee parties in our room on our April Amazon trip. As a result, I ran out of my home-ground stash half-way through the 12-day cruise. I was pleasantly surprised that our room steward found good coffee grounds and brought them to us - keeping us supplied for the rest of the trip.

Bill

LOL :D

We actually did have some a few coffee parties in our room on our April Amazon trip. As a result, I ran out of my home-ground stash half-way through the 12-day cruise. I was pleasantly surprised that our room steward found good coffee grounds and brought them to us - keeping us supplied for the rest of the trip.

Bill

Ah, well, I'll try to bring an extra supply...any coffee drinkers traveling on the Sun to Alaska 7/2-7/9? We'll be glad to share our coffee in the morning if you would treat us to a martini in the evening...:D (Gosh, that statement made me feel so much like "Wimpy" from the Popeye cartoons, LOL!)

Happier after my morning coffee,

Vanessa

Brought our full-size cruising coffee maker on the Diamond on 5/20. Had no problem.

S

"Life is too short to drink bad coffee"!

I'm bringing my coffeemaker, too, on the Sun July 2 RT from Seattle. Mine doesn't have a warming plate (drips right into travel mugs), so it got the "thumbs up" from Princess Customer Service. Don't know what that means, necessarily, but I am giving it a shot!

I'll let you know what happens, if anything...

-Vanessa

Archived