nyisles -- a big Thank You!

nyisles, yesterday DH and I took your advice on where to see Voyager at the Bayonne dock. We followed your directions exactly and we got an amazing view of the ship at the dock! We've never seen a Voyager-class ship that close before, even at that distance it was a sight, a huge, gleaming beautiful sight. We could actually just about see where our own balcony will be on Mariner too. Thank you so much for your directions, we had a wonderful day there & at Liberty State Park.

FYI - Liberty State Park is a great place to watch ships depart from the NY dock. We watched two NCL ships pass right by us, including the beautiful Norwegian Dawn. Amazing sight with Manhattan as the background.

Thanks again Ken, we would've never been able to find that viewing spot on our own! :)

You are very welcome. Glad you found it without much trouble. I often go to Liberty State Park as well to watch the ships go by and sometimes I snap some pics.

You will love Mariner. I haven't been on it yet but my best friend just returned Sunday from his honeymoon onboard. I haven't talked to him yet but when I do, I'll let you know what he thought of it.

Hi again Ken, glad you saw my post.

We took a few pics yesterday too. We accidentally noticed saw NCL Dawn when it was still way up the river near the GW Bridge, watched it inch out of dock and turn to head our way. What a sight. It was just a beautiful day to be there.

Would love to hear what your best friend thought of Mariner. Hey it was his honeymoon, how bad could it have been?!

Btw, my husband, who's more of a sports nut than I've ever met, said he respects you for being an Islanders fan as opposed to a Rangers fan. FYI - he's from South Philly and is a die-hard Flyers fan. That's not an easy thing to be these days... these years... these decades, but he's hanging tough.

Take care! :)

njreindeer (Helena)

Archived