Tourist Maps for Do-It-Yourself Baltic Destinations

I will take the Amsterdam on a 10-day cruise on June/22 and my wife and I would like to "do-it-yorself" tour all the cities except St. Petersburg. I went to Borders last week trying to find a couple of good tourist maps that shows most major attractions, cruise terminals and public transportation. Unfortunately I could not find too many good maps. I have one for Copenhagen, but I would like some help with:

Tallin

Helsinki

Stockholm

Visby

Warnemunde

Arhus

If you know a book with attached maps (including the cruise terminal) or an online tourist map for any of these destinations please post it on this thread.

Thanks,

AA

Guest LetMeGo
In the meantime I have found a similar link to Helsinki with a very nice guide that has a map on the last page too.

http://www.hel2.fi/tourism/en/esitteet_Helsinki.asp

Here's a direct link for a map of Helsinki...

http://kartta.hel.fi/opas/main/default.asp?lang=en

I don't know if it's the one you already pointed, as I can't view it...

And here's a map for the tram lines, which are the best way to travel:

http://www.hel.fi/wps/wcm/resources/file/eb6715013956b18/ratikkakartta.pdf

I could also try to answer if you have any spesific questions about Helsinki.;)

Guest LetMeGo
Thanks! If you could help me where the cruise ships dock, that would be a great help.

AA

Sure...

It's scheduled to dock at the Länsiterminaali (West Terminal) which is on the lower left corner on the city maps, near the end of tram lines 6 and 8.

Thanks Tero for all of your information. I am especially interested in seeing the Helsinki Cathedral and the Rock Church. I notice the Cathedral has a lot of steps is there a hand rail on the sides to hold onto or is there an ramp. I am very good at walking but always feel better if I have something to hang on to. Thank you

Guest LetMeGo
Thanks Tero for all of your information. I am especially interested in seeing the Helsinki Cathedral and the Rock Church. I notice the Cathedral has a lot of steps is there a hand rail on the sides to hold onto or is there an ramp. I am very good at walking but always feel better if I have something to hang on to. Thank you

There sure are quite a few steps on the front. Both edges of the stairway have a stone wall, which I'm pretty sure has a hand rail as well (I'm going to have to check that out the next time I'm walking by!:D ).

The back of the church has a wheelchair access with a lift through the crypt, and the side stairs which lead directly to the door used by visitors (left of the main facade, up a small hill) are considerably shorter.

Guest LetMeGo
Thank you Tero for the maps and location of the cruise terminal.

My husband uses a small electric mobility scooter. Is there disabled access for the trams?

Thank you,

Judy

No problem, I'm glad I can help.:)

About half of the trams (the newer, darker green ones) on lines 3, 4, 6 and 10 have direct access from the level of the stops, while the others are limited by what you can lift up the steps.

Almost all of the buses also have a disabled access, but it requires help from the drivers.

Archived