Pacific Star in Auckland

Skyrules

I've put some photo's of Pacific Star's inaugural depature from Auckland on May 27th on my webshots page;

http://community.webshots.com/user/skyrules2005

In album Pacific Star Auckland

It was strange seeing her sail off with out us on it - considering the last time we'd seen her was when we were getting of her after our cruise. Even though we live in Brisbane we hadn't got down to see her between our arrival back in Brisbane and her departure for Auckland (about 6 weeks).

Cheers

Kym

Great photos Kym.I like the ones of the ship passing behind North Head.

I was suprised how well the distance ones of her in the harbour came out. They were taken from the 15th floor of the HSBC Building, right on the waterfront, hence the green tinge to them because they were shot through tinted glass.

They came out very well Kym.

In the one of the crowd waving farewell,the back of someones head looks very familiar.I was standing in that narrow part that came back towards the ship.Would you have been around there for that shot?

They came out very well Kym.

In the one of the crowd waving farewell,the back of someones head looks very familiar.I was standing in that narrow part that came back towards the ship.Would you have been around there for that shot?

We were stading right on the corner of the bulidling - as you came around the corner from the stairs up from the wharf level - quite close to the back end of the ship when she was still tied up.

Skyrules. You have taken great photos. Hope things are going ok for this cruise as I heard there was an earthquake in one of the areas they were at or going to. Iguess lots of stories to tell when they return.

Skyrules. You have taken great photos. Hope things are going ok for this cruise as I heard there was an earthquake in one of the areas they were at or going to. Iguess lots of stories to tell when they return.

There's a post from Rach (Sweet success) who's on board Pacific Star at the moment, in this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=356555 all seems ok and when she posted, they were on their way to Tonga - but they seemed to be a day behind the scheduled itinerary so don't know what was happening there as she didn't explain.

Kym

There's a post from Rach (Sweet success) who's on board Pacific Star at the moment, in this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=356555 all seems ok and when she posted, they were on their way to Tonga - but they seemed to be a day behind the scheduled itinerary so don't know what was happening there as she didn't explain.

Kym

They seemed to be on schedule today so will have to wait & see what happens when Rach gets back. We're relying on you Rach:D .

Karen

I wonder if it is anything to do with crossing the InterNational Date Line?

Do you cross the International Date Line going to Tonga?? I'll have to have a look at that.

No, just looked at that - currently (4.15pm Brisbane time) it's 7.15pm (today) in Nukalofa.

Kym

Do you cross the International Date Line going to Tonga?? I'll have to have a look at that.

No, just looked at that - currently (4.15pm Brisbane time) it's 7.15pm (today) in Nukalofa.

Kym

I did notice while checking out the cam one day (on it's way to Apia) that at the top where it tells you the place, date etc it said "dateline". Maybe that means something????:confused:

Karen

Ummm yes, you're right Karen.... I completely missed the "MON" (Monday) when I looked at the time.... :o

So that explains why they appeared to be a day ahead compared to the itinerary - because they'd actually slipped "backwards" 21 hrs. Soon they'll cross back over the date line and lose the 21 hours in a a flash.

Kym

Archived