bestwestern - fll

7nucruzers

has anyone stayed at or know anything about the best western - marina inn in fll? This property is supposed to be right on the water across from the ports. They say you can see the ships coming in and out; however, I've not heard mention of this hotel on these boards - don't know if that's bad or good! Can anyone help me????? thanks!

I am pretty sure they mean the Marriott Marina. We stayed there last March and yes it is on the Fll waterway. The water taxi stops out front and you can ride all day for $5./pp. We were up at 6 a.m. to watch our ship come in - right in front of us. It was wonderful. Free shuttle to the pier.

I believe the Best Western and the Marriot Marina are two different places.

I think I read somewhere here (sorry can't find it) that the Best Western is not the greatest. You would not go wrong with the Marriot Marina though. It's an excellent hotel and less than a mile from the port.

We stayed there the night before our cruise. It is a very old hotel but was clean. You can see the Princess dock right across the water. It was a thrill to see the Caribbean Princess early that Saturday morning across from the motel.

I suggest that you find another place to stay if you are looking for a modern hotel. This one is quite a walk to the restaurants and grocery stores that you may want to go to before the cruise.

It does have free transportation to and from the airport and port.

Unfortunately, I have to say the Best Western Marina in Fort Lauderdale is on my "do not stay at for any price" list. While some cruisers have had no problems, there are too many and too frequent reports of major problems including housekeeping, accounting and even safety to consider this hotel.

Often you can do MUCH better on Priceline both in price and quality of hotel.

The Marriott Marina is definitely a very different hotel. No hesitation in recommending that property.

Archived