Galveston - Hobby Airport

Our flight would be getting in late, around 10pm the night before the cruise. Would it be easier to just stay at an airport hotel and get a limo into Galveston on the day of the cruise? Or better to head to Galveston right away off of the plane? Thanks for any input.

Well, one good thing about traveling to Galveston that night - if you aren't totally wiped out from the flight - is that you'll certainly "miss the traffic"! It is typically (no one in this area EVER would be specific on drive times) a +/-60 minute drive from Hobby to Galveston. Not sure about limo service at that hour as we live iapproximately halfway between Hobby and Galveston and have never needed that service. I'm sure others can respond with more info.

We stayed at Marriott Courtyard in Houston. Close to Hobby. They offer a 24 hour shuttle from airport to hotel. We then had South Houston Limo {Jose} 1-713-303-8299 deliver us to the port the next morning. This worked well for us. I do know our limo driver can get some rates at the motel. We found this out after our cruise, but great for future reference. Give Jose a call and see if he can help you out. Have a great cruise

We stayed at Marriott Courtyard in Houston. Close to Hobby. They offer a 24 hour shuttle from airport to hotel. We then had South Houston Limo {Jose} 1-713-303-8299 deliver us to the port the next morning. This worked well for us. I do know our limo driver can get some rates at the motel. We found this out after our cruise, but great for future reference. Give Jose a call and see if he can help you out. Have a great cruise

Could you add more info please....we are flying from Maine the day before our cruise and arriving in Houston around 9:30 pm. We've been thinking of staying in Galveston, but never thought about Houston. You mentioned South Houston Limo...we have approximately 20 people in our group...can you offer any suggetions about a shuttle to and from the cruise ship?

Thanks!

Igerrish, I called Jose the owner of South Houston Limo he can transport your group of 20 he is getting a new shuttle type bus and the price seemed very reasonable compared to the one that you posted on a different link. We stayed at the Courtyard in Houston they have 24 hour shuttle from Hobby, so had the shuttle pick us up there and Jose gathered us the next morning right on scheduled time. Give him a call I'm sure that he would do his best to help you out and plan .713-303-8299 or 713-416-6652. Hope this answered some of your ??? anything else just let me know.

Igerrish, I called Jose the owner of South Houston Limo he can transport your group of 20 he is getting a new shuttle type bus and the price seemed very reasonable compared to the one that you posted on a different link. We stayed at the Courtyard in Houston they have 24 hour shuttle from Hobby, so had the shuttle pick us up there and Jose gathered us the next morning right on scheduled time. Give him a call I'm sure that he would do his best to help you out and plan .713-303-8299 or 713-416-6652. Hope this answered some of your ??? anything else just let me know.

Thank you for the information. I have tons of notes to share with the other cruisers and will definitely give Jose a call. We don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a hotel room after spending the other arm and leg to fly there....

Lynn

Archived