Back from Summit 5/27 Alaska!

wa.mama

I really enjoyed your pictures. Your days looked like they were such clear days. We've been twice at the end of July and found no snow like you encountered and foggy and rainy days. We decided not to go into ISP because of the rain. I would like to go there. You also saw much more wildlife than we did. Maybe we should go as soon as school is out if we can get such great pictures as your. 2008, here we come again!

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Our cabin, 7199, corner aft FV, was large with an even larger veranda, and was spotless and comfortable. We also had the next door FV, 7201, and in comparison 7199 was better hands down. It is larger, both with the veranda and the cabin space. The extra hallway also adds privacy and noise protection as well as storage spac.

Oh, wow! My dad and I were in that cabin right before you (on the 5/7 trip prior to drydock). I'm glad you appreciated it as much as we did!!! Also, I hope Elizabeth cleaned up any mess we left so that you weren't troubled by it!!!

Judy, Try May next trip. Statistically it's one of the driest months, and great for animals (except bears). We had outstanding weather, Mt. McKinley was clear, and there were even Dall sheep on the road in Denali. No guarantees, but at least you'll improve the odds. ISP was my favorite port. It was fairly free of jewelry and T-shirt stores, and still feels close to nature.

You all are so kind. I have to admit that we had several avid photographers in our group and the slideshow is compiled from a combination of our efforts. We had a media presentation for our family on the last night of our cruise (X kindly allowed us to use one of their meeting rooms) so our photos were arranged, labeled and sorted before then. Cabb, by myself I am not that organized! As "warm weather" travelers we were totally amazed over how much we enjoyed Alaska. We've traveled all over the world, but have never seen such breathtaking scenery.

One memory that sticks in my mind is my 6 yr old's gasp of wonder and delight the first time he saw Hubbard Glacier. Who says Alaska is not for kids! Our weather was perfect - sunny and warm until Ketchikan - we were truly blessed.

Cabb - I'm looking for your review - was hoping to meet you on the ship; am still sad that I missed the CC party. It would have been fun to see your photos. A different perspective is like taking the cruise all over again.

Drew B - 7199 may have spoiled us for cruising in other cabins. Elizabeth was great, esp to our kids. She said she had been working for X for 7 years, can you believe it? My DH and I practiced ballroom dancing on the veranda. What a steal!

Cabb, what great pics! You saw a lot of wildlife - I esp. love the seals, bears and ptarmigans. What kind of camera did you get again? I feel like I got to experience all those excursions I wish I went on but didn't get to go on. We should do this with every cruise - when's your next? We're definitely hooked on cruising and are thinking about Panama Canal in early -07.

You can email me Sandra's pic at Campthomas-333@hotmail.com.

Your dog and cat are probably thrilled that you're home - they looked ready to go with you, in your suitcase. So cute.

Wa.mama, I mailed you the photo, but it seemed to send awfully fast for a big file. Did it go through? Hope someone else posts pictures. I know DonK has some good ones including a beauty of a smoking volcano and the sea.

We probably won't cruise again for a while. We have over-developed nesting instincts and keep spending any excess funds on home improvement projects. Anyhow, DH spent 20 years in the Navy, so we traveled a lot. Now it's nice to stay home and enjoy living in the woods.

Archived