What do you see from the Alyeska tram?

teammom

On a clear day is it worth the trip? money? There are 12 in our group. How is the lunch?

The scenery is spectacular. Great pictures. You can hike around the mountain. Watching the hangliders and parasailers is fun. Here's the menu for the tram/lunch specials. Not bad for lunch.

http://www.alyeskaresort.com/files/Alyeska/aGLX_Summer_06_XX.pdf

Very scenic... if you don't have the toursaver 2-4-1 coupon book, one of the freebie area guides (maybe the Anchorage one) has free 2-4-1 coupons in it. Well worth the price, especially with the coupon. We watched the skiiers/snowboarders Sunday before last, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Several had on shorts and short-sleeved shirts. I think that was the last ski weekend, however. We spent about 3 hours at the top.

A side note... Girdwood has a nice little laundry/shower facility. Costly, but I suppose it's in line with others in the tourist areas.

We are doing a cruise/tour with Royal Caribbean - the tram is listed on our tour itinerary so I assume the price is included with our tour and we dont have to pay - can someone confirm this?

If it is listed on your itinerary, yep- it's included. Have a great time. :)

Archived