Close Hotel in Galveston

shuey1

What is the closest hotel to the pier in Galveston? We are cruising on Conquest in November and are driving down the day before sailing. Do any hotels let you leave your car there and shuttle to the pier? Thanks!

Most hotels in Galveston allow you to park there for free. The closest hotel to the pier is The Harbor House. However, normally you must stay there at least 2 nights. Hobby Airport is the closest commercial airport to the Island. Have fun!

Galveston is a small island and any of the hotels/motels will be within convenient distance from the cruise port. We live in the area so have never needed overnight accommodations but I understand from other postings that you can get better terms if you deal with the specific hotel directly and tell them you are coming in for a cruise. Also try www. galveston.com. for lots of information.

we were able to stay at the Harbor House for 1 night only I got it on Priceline for $80.00 if you call them direct it may cost a little more with free parking but since I booked online with Priceline they charged $20.00 to park there for the week. You have to push a call button and enter a pin# to enter the parking lot (which they will give you when you try to enter) your car is in the parking lot directly in front of the Hotel we had no problems and the rooms were very nice. No breakfast was included but that was ok. I'll tell you the best part was getting up a about 5:30am approx and watching the Conquest come in, very impressive. It is just outside the window I was able to open the window and see and hear it come in, it's huge and shortly after the Rhapsody of the Seas came in. It was still dark and they sure are beautiful with all their lights on especially the Conquest the entire front of the ship is bathed in blue lights. Our friends stayed at the Holiday Inn Seabreeze it also was very nice it's on the seawall and a little more pricey but included full breakfast and parking. It just depends on when you want the adventure to begin. Also one advantage to Harbor House 5 minute walk to terminal. I would stay at the Harbor house again in a second. Very clean rooms with couch two chairs and coffee and end tables, beds were very comfy. Hope this helps :)

Archived