Bringing wine onboard

navywife06

We walked on to the Triumph last year with 2 bottles of wine and a bottle of champange and no one even seems to notice :D . Seriously - they did not even open the bag to look at them at the airport, or boarding the ship.

FYI - I got the 2 gallon ziplock bags and put one bottle in each bag - just to protect against leakage :rolleyes: .

Now if all those hardcore booze smugglers would think outside the box.... ;)

Why not take an empty wine bottle or two and fill them with your favorite hard liquor? Whats the cost of a cork or two? Or get one with a plastic cork or screw top!!

It's suppose to be a bottle for a special occasion and it really isn't clear if it's one per person or cabin. We always take two to four bottles in our carry ons but we divide them between us and no one has every said anything. We leave tomorrow and are taking two bottles of wine and a botlle of champagne. Hope it heilps.

just got off conquest - they never checked anything. forgot 8 cans of beer in a soft side cooler we carryed on . we we never asked to open. they x-rayed the case and sent us on our way. we had a plastic bottle of whisky in checked suitcase. no problem mon!

'allo fellow Navy wife! The Official Carnival Policy reads something like " a reasonable amount may be brought on board at embarkation only"

We have a box that carries three bottles already packed and ready to go.. but then again, my luggage has been packed since March...

We are bringing one bottle of champagne for our Supper Club night, and two bottles of our favorite local guy's reds for the two Formal Nights. It's just the two of us.

It will probably depend on the mood of the guys inspecting our stuff as we embark.

fellow Navy wife,

We are finding out this month if we'll be stationed in Monterey. It's our first choice.

Have a great time on your first cruise! I was on one about 20 years ago as a teenager, so this is really going to be a new experience for me. It's the first for my son and husband.

Thanks for the tip on the wine. I'm going to bring 4 bottles, I think and one champers.

Thanks to all for your tips on wine and booze!

NPS or DLI? Mr Spook is almost done at NPS, thank goodness. I saw more of him during workups and when he was Decomming the ship, I swear...

But the area itself is REALLY nice, although massively expensive. tons of stuff to do around here and plenty of things to keep you busy.. like our weekly wine tasting on Cannery Row...:D

I hope that 3 bottles of wine ( between the 2 of us ) is considered a reasonable amount.

I plan to have one for each formal night, one for David’s Supper Club.

And there should be a bottle of champagne in the stateroom waiting for us.

You hoo! :D

Why not take an empty wine bottle or two and fill them with your favorite hard liquor? Whats the cost of a cork or two? Or get one with a plastic cork or screw top!!

Because there is a good chance it wouldn't make it through airport security. They are pretty funny about opened bottles.

Ok, I know I'm going to sound awful, but I'm ok with that...

How about buying additional wine at ports and bringing it on ship? Is this allowed? Do they hold it until the end of the trip as they do with hard booze?

Thanks!!!!

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;130/st/20060806/e/Carvnival+Elation%21%21%21/k/ccbd/event.png[/image]

[/link]

How about buying additional wine at ports and bringing it on ship? Is this allowed? Do they hold it until the end of the trip as they do with hard booze?

Thanks!!!!

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;130/st/20060806/e/Carvnival+Elation%21%21%21/k/ccbd/event.png[/image]

[/link]

Like spookwife already mentioned, "at embarkation only".

Thanks!!!!

[/link]

We have sailed quite a few time in the Mexican Riviera and Baja. Went on a couple of winery tours. While we were there we purchased wine and brought it back on board. Went thru the scanner picked it up on the other side and took it to our cabins. Also down in Baja we always purchase Tequila, and no problem bringing that back to our cabins either.

Not sure about the Caribbean though. We never purchased any booze in port down there:)

You'd definitely have to get screw top. There's a reisling called bloom that has a screw top. Also, Hogue rieslings have screw tops as well and they're dark bottles so you wouldn't be able to see what's in the bottle. The bloom riesling is a lighter colored bottle (very pretty though!). Oh, and the Hogue Late Harvest Riesling is quite good in my opinion. I wouldn't drink it because it's sweeter than I like, but it's good.

sneaky ;)

Archived