A/C controls on Glory?

dixiegirl

Can you control your A/C temperature in the balcony rooms on the LIDO deck yourself or should we bring our own fan? We like the room really cold.

We have heard you can bring a bungee cord to keep your balcony door open at night? How cool does it get at night with the door open?

Just got off the Glory on June 19. We had a balcony room on deck 6 and we could control the AC in our room. The control was on the wall near the door to the bathroom as opposed to the ceiling vent as we have had on other ships. Our AC worked so well that we had to keep ours turned down most of the time. I love a very cold room and I nearly froze. We didn't sleep with the door open, so I can't answer that part of your question. Hope this helps.

tootiesmom :)

You are sailing in August which means you are going during the hot hot hot time of the year. With the air on and the door opened you will get a lot of condensation in your cabin real fast.

We were on the Glory this past May. I like a cold room for sleeping and even I had to turn the A/C down. Still used all the covers. If you bungee the door too far open the A/C will go off. There is a switch built into the door jam. However, if you let the door rest against something smaller, my sister in law used an empty coke bottle, the door can still be ajar and the A/C will stay on.

Archived