Ft. Lauderdale Hotels with Shuttle to Miami Cruiseport

melly424

We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale on July 1. Our cruise leaves out of Miami on July 2. (It was considerably cheaper to fly to FL rather than Miami) We are currently booked at the Ramada Inn on SR 84 and I have been reading some really bad reviews of this hotel. They do provide transportation to the Miami cruiseport though and we are only paying $111.00. (I guess that you get what you pay for!!!!) Does anyone know of a hotel in Fort Lauderdale that has transportion to Miami? Or other options that you have used when staying FL and cruising out of Miami? Thanks for your input!

We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale on July 1. Our cruise leaves out of Miami on July 2. (It was considerably cheaper to fly to FL rather than Miami) We are currently booked at the Ramada Inn on SR 84 and I have been reading some really bad reviews of this hotel. They do provide transportation to the Miami cruiseport though and we are only paying $111.00. (I guess that you get what you pay for!!!!) Does anyone know of a hotel in Fort Lauderdale that has transportion to Miami? Or other options that you have used when staying FL and cruising out of Miami? Thanks for your input!

You should really reconsider, that is truly one nasty hotel in a nasty area. Shuttle transportation from Ft lauderdale airport to Port of Miami or hotels near the Port is only $18 per person. I would not be surprised if they told you the shuttle to Port of Miami is free then when you arrive they'll tell you they mean't Port Everglades in Ft Lauderdale, not POM. Either stay in a hotel closer to your port (Holiday Inn, Radisson, Intercontinental, Marriott) or a better choice of hotels near the Ft lauderdale airport. Your risking ruining a great vacation by staying in a dump on SR 84. :rolleyes:

I think I will cancel the hotel reservations. How do you find out about the $18 shuttle? Is it part of the airport or the cruiseline? Do reservations need to be made? Someone recommended Topshuttle.com, but their rates were $65 for 2 people. I would appreciate any info about the $18.00 shuttle. Thanks!

I think I will cancel the hotel reservations. How do you find out about the $18 shuttle? Is it part of the airport or the cruiseline? Do reservations need to be made? Someone recommended Topshuttle.com, but their rates were $65 for 2 people. I would appreciate any info about the $18.00 shuttle. Thanks!

Melly. TriCounty Airport Express is the company that runs the shuttle from Ft Lauderdale airport. http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

I have now officially cancelled the Ramada Inn on SR 84! I am now hotel-less!:eek: :eek: I think I am going to use Priceline to get a hotel near the Fort Lauderdale Airport. I have never used Priceline before, so I am a little nervous. What price should I start at? I was playing around with it and when I put in a $40.00 bid, it looked like I could get one for around $52.00. Does this seem right? Please give me input!!! Thanks!

I am planning to use the shared ride service from FLL. Since they run until 2:00 A.M. and our flight arrives at 11:57 P.M., I am thinking about going to Miami the night before instead of staying in Fort Lauderdale. Now, what area of Miami do I want to look for a hotel that is near the cruiseport? I am going to use Priceline. Do most Miami hotels offer shuttle service to the Miami cruiseport? I am less than a month away from our departure and I am getting very nervous about not having all of this settled yet! Any input would be appreciated!!!

If you want to be near the pier, I would choose downtown Miami on Priceline. I don't know of any hotels in downtown Miami that offer free shuttle service. I usually just take a cab, as they are plentiful. You can go to Biddingfortravel.com and you will find the winning bids for Miami.

Joanne

You should really reconsider, that is truly one nasty hotel in a nasty area. Shuttle transportation from Ft lauderdale airport to Port of Miami or hotels near the Port is only $18 per person. I would not be surprised if they told you the shuttle to Port of Miami is free then when you arrive they'll tell you they mean't Port Everglades in Ft Lauderdale, not POM. Either stay in a hotel closer to your port (Holiday Inn, Radisson, Intercontinental, Marriott) or a better choice of hotels near the Ft lauderdale airport. Your risking ruining a great vacation by staying in a dump on SR 84. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you cancelled your reservation. My SIL and I stayed there 5 years ago on our first cruise, and called our travel agent the next day to cancel for our post cruise night (there were bugs in the room, and we just didn't feel safe at all). We booked the Days Inn close to the airport, it was 100x better than the Ramada.

Archived