bad manners at victory 'VIP'party

scottie99

My wife and I sailed on Victory on 18 June to Canada. We really enjoyed the cruise. the ship was nice and the food was very good ( we have done about 12 crusies, mainly RCI or NCL) However we had an 'strange experience' We received a phone call inviting us to a ''VIP'' party one night in the Irish Sea bar. We duly dressed ourselves pretty smart and attended. The bar was filled with many officers, the cruise director and the hotel director who then made no effort to approaoh us or chat with us. We felt really awkward and after a while we left them to continue their in-house discussion amongst themselves. we could not help thinking-why did they bother

Tef43, in reply to your question, we were called by the pursers office. I do not know why they called us. The officers really should develop some social skills. The whole episode was uncomfortable. Not one of them even asked if we were enjoying our cruise. My wife contrasted their behaviour to our waiter who would stay and chat to us for ages evry evening after our meal.

Archived