QE2 Britannia v Caronia ???

MayMayMay

Hi All.

Can anybody tell me if theres a big differance between the two restaurants , myself and family have been lucky enought to get an up grade from a c5 to p2 , any feedback regarding the cabin/ restaurant would be good .

countdown to june 16th Land of the Midnight Sun .. Anybody out there :) joing us ???

I should imagine that you will notice the difference, to say the least. The Britannia Grill is much smaller and more intimate. You also have access to the Queens Grill Lounge on the boat deck.

The cabin will have a bath too, rather than just a shower. That's quite an upgrade you have secured! Cabin position should be better too - do you have a number yet?

We're on the cruise too. It should be good - are you aware of the revised schedule? All the ports remain, but they are in a different order, which (I understand) is to limit congestion in port.

:cool: Hello Kindlychap nice to here your sailing with us ,

No i didnt know about the change in the intinery , all the excitment with the up grade and all !! not to bothered what order the ports come in as long as the ports are there, nice to know about the queens grill loung , didnt know that either . speedy boarding as well , it just gets better and better , cabin is 2126 .

Fab info anything else for us ?

Myself and family have been lucky en ought to get an up grade from a c5 to p2

That is a very good upgrade. Have you eaten in the Caronia before? I think that you'll find the Britannia Grill much more intimate and enjoyable than the Caronia. Your cabin will also be much more spacious. Instead of the small wardrobes you get in a C5 you get a vast, walk in, closet.

Assuming you've read the brochure, I think I've given you the significant details.

Is this your first time on Cunard?

Hello Kindlychap /pnhmrk

This is our fifth cruise on board the QE2 .

We have mostly eaton in the coronnia restaurant ( And loved it ), had up grades in the past but never to a PG before , so all new to us at this height ! the extra cabin space is good as were taking our daughter with us . Thankyou

We like meeting new people at dinner ,and had requested to be on a table of eight in the coronnia , with the up-grade how would they do the setting , do you no if they seat like for like ?

I'm new to this forum and am still a little lost!

Don't worry about that - you're managing to post and that's the important thing:)

We like meeting new people at dinner and had requested to be on a table of eight in the Caronia, with the up-grade how would they do the setting, do you know if they seat like for like?

I've only eaten two meals in the Britannia - so my observations are based on what happens in the (almost identical) Princess Grill. There they are mainly tables for two or four, however they do have two larger tables that are used for larger groups. As well as that they can move some of the tables round to accommodate larger parties if required. I would ring Cunard in advance and try to confirm that they do have your request for a large table, check on their Voyage Personaliser (https://secure.pocruises.com/cp/index.asp?pageID=4&ABTA=V8764&brandCode=CU) to see what your table allocation says and, once onboard, check your table as soon as possible.

Hi All.

myself and family have been lucky enought to get an up grade from a c5 to p2 , any feedback regarding the cabin/ restaurant would be good .

countdown to june 16th Land of the Midnight Sun .. Anybody out there :) joing us ???

yes, we'll be on the Land of the Midnight Sun Cruise - and we've been upgraded, too! I'm interested because it's number 2154 which you'd think was right at the stern yet it's up near the bows - and I've looked in a 1997 brochure and it doesn't exist at all! Have eaten in Brittania once before on a wee 2-nighter and was very impressed.

Only 5 and a bit days to go! :)

Tim.

PS Thanks, Kindlychap for the info re: Queens Grill Lounge.

I've looked in a 1997 brochure and it doesn't exist at all

It's one of the cabins that was added when they increased their capacity. I think that was a baggage room before. One thing that you need to watch out for (unless they've changed it very recently) are the signs at the forward end of the Midships Lobby - they say that all the cabins on deck 2 are in the bows, not just 2001 - 2033, 2153 and 2154.

Hi-ya Tim, nice to here your joing us, looking at the broucher your cabin looks rather larger than the others (Yippy for you) looks like your opposite the computer room , myself and family are in 2126 , if you fancy getting together for a drink ,feel free to give us a call , we could always do the posh thing and take advantage of the upgrade and order the caviar/canopes , maybe kindlychap might like to take the fifth canope !!

Look forward to hearing from you . May

Archived