Official Cruise Critic Member Group Cruise - August 3, 2007 on Explorer

Since no one has stepped forward, I am taking the reins to be the official group leader. I am putting in the request today with the Community Leader.

For those interested, a review of the cruise is as follows:

Departs: Friday, August 3, 2007

Returns: Sunday, August 12, 2007

Destination: Bermuda and the Caribbean

Ship: Explorer of the Seas

9 nights, Round trip from Cape Liberty/Bayonne, New Jersey

Please post all questions here.

I will post all information as I receive it.

John

PS - We need a name!! I was thinking of something along the lines as "Summer Escape Group" but, let's hear what everyone else has

Hooray! We're (almost) officially a group!

I'll be cruising with DH (We're late 20's), DS (3 yo), my parents, aunt & uncle, my brother (20) and probably his GF. We'll have 4 cabins if bro's GF comes and 3 if she doesn't.

I'm so excited about my first CC group cruise! :)

ok, we're officially standing at 4 cabins for this cruise, both sets of parents are "in" and, my sister and brother-in-law are "in" also! My next question is, how do we go about arranging for a birthday party in the cabin? August 3rd is my Brother-In-Law's birthday so, my sister wants to give him the cruise as a present and then have a party in one of the cabins. I know we can order stuff from the gift department but, I was wondering if there was someone onboard who might be able to help with the arrangments. Thanks.

Nick

Hi, dh and I are booked on this cruise already. I booked directly with RC so I could switch over to whatever TA is picked. Depends on the perks being offered with the group. Will check back later.

Hi everyone, My whole family (24 people) will be cruising on this ship for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. We are taking up 10 cabins on deck seven. This is going to be torture to wait. We are all in our 40's with teenagers 14-22. Kids gone wild!! Can't wait!!

Joan:)

Any word yet on whether we've been officailly approved as a CC group?

As for a name for our cruise group, "Summer Escape" sounds fine to me. I'm terrible at coming up with names for stuff like this, so I don't have any other suggestions.

We're trying to get the unofficial cabin count for the group ready. So, if you have any interest in joining, whether you want to meet fellow Cruise Critics or you just want to join for pricing and amenities purposes please let us know. You won't be asked to put down a deposit or anything of that nature, we're just asking for a rough cabin count. We need at least 8 cabins for a group and, we believe we have that many, just double checking!

Nick

NickNataleJr@gmail.com or Group Leader John.CH.Duncan@gmail.com

or post on here

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay, I've been away on business. There was a bump in the road regarding the group. If I have your email address then you already received an explaination and, how to proceed. If you have received it yet, please email me at John.CH.Duncan@gmail.com and I will forward the email to you.

John

PS - excellent perks package!

Archived