anyone going to the mex riveria

beckyrxtech

Hi anyone thinking about going or are already booked for the mexican riveria on the carnival spirit, would love to hear from you! We have been on the diamond princess out of Los angelos and are thinking about going out of San Diego next year in October, anyone who is going or thinking about going would love to hear from everyone!!! We have never been on carnival before so any imput or advice would be welcomed! THank you kindly, Becky Caugherty

Hi anyone thinking about going or are already booked for the mexican riveria on the carnival spirit, would love to hear from you! We have been on the diamond princess out of Los angelos and are thinking about going out of San Diego next year in October, anyone who is going or thinking about going would love to hear from everyone!!! We have never been on carnival before so any imput or advice would be welcomed! THank you kindly, Becky Caugherty

Hi, we are booked for April 8th 2007, its a one time a year 7 day cruise, that goes to Cabo, Mazatlan and La Paz.

Hi anyone ever been to the san diego zoo before they went on a cruise out of san diego, that is mostly why we want to take this 8 day carnival spirit cruise, and stay at least 2 nights before the cruise in san diego, anyone thinking of going or have booked already for october 2007 would love to hear from you also, Take care, becky caugherty Lucas, Ohio

We're taking the Spirit, leaving on Christmas Day 12/25/06, and over the New Year's holiday for 8-nights to the Mexican Riviera.

As others have said, it will be nice to leave from our hometown for a change.

Becky,

I do think the zoo is doable for one full day. You could also try Sea World for the second day. It's worth the price, if you've not been before.

SDCruiser

Hi Thank you for the great advice, is the zoo and sea world close together?

I have been to sea world in aurora , Ohio where im from but ive heard san diiego is much bigger and better, we havent booked our cruise yet, probably this coming friday, since my TA agency we can put down as little as 50 dollars per cabin! We always plan way ahead so I can pick new itineries and save my money, we have done the mex riveria out of las angelos and I am excited to see San Diego, anyone have suggestions for reasonable priced hotels that might offer transportation or tours to the zoo and sea world? Thank you, Becky

The zoo is closer to downtown than Sea World is and is closer to the cruise terminal, about 3-4 miles.

Sea World is about 8 miles north of the cruise terminal, but easily accessible by car, if you're renting one.

I've heard good things about the Holiday Inn Embarcadero, which is just across the street from the cruise terminal. This would be the most convenient place to stay for your cruise but furthest from Sea World. I'm not sure if the Holiday Inn offers tours to the zoo and Sea World or not, but it's worth asking. I've read good things about this hotel.

SDCruiser

I see there are a ton of holliday inns in san diego, but none with that spelling , how do I find it when im ready to book? And do you know if they have a free airport shuttle and a shuttle to the cruise port as well? I went to a few different web sites for hotels, and I saw one with a close spelling to that one the last poster had mentioned encarnado? I seen one that was in encandido, Ca is that the same place?

We've booked on the Pride for January 2nd out of Long Beach to the Mexican Riviera . . . Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. Soooo excited! As a way to make the time go faster, I've booked a cruise to the Western Caribbean next September . . . :p

We just did the Pride in April (LOVED IT!!!) and booked the Spirit the week after we got back! We won't be going until next March (Spring Break!) but I am really looking forward to it! :D

Being a Southern California Girl - we have been to the zoo and Sea World many times! They are both a lot of fun - San Diego is great! We also like to walk around Old Town San Diego and have dinner!

The Holiday Inn directly across from the cruise port is named the Holiday Inn On The Bay. Its on Harbor Drive in San Diego.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/sanem

It has a free shuttle from the airport. You do not need a shuttle to the pier because it is literally across the street. You will walk farther from your room to the front desk than from the front desk to the pier.

Was on the Spirit 8 day Mexican Riviera this last March. Great ship, nice enough ports, fabulous crew and staff. I'll try to answer any questions.

Hi Becky!

My DH and I will be going to Acapulco, etc. on 11-14-2007 out of San Diego which was our town before we retired to beautiful Pagosa Springs, CO, and I know that is a long way off, but we have been on the Spirit's sister ship the Pride (2x's) and we loved her!

You will have a great time on any of Carnival's spirit class ships! We are trying the Conquest on 3-25-2007 out of Galveston to the W. Carib;, and it will be our first time on one of CCL's larger ships, but we have heard the Conquest is also a beauty!

We love Carnival and you will too!!

Richard and Janine :)

We have been on the Spirit twice, both times cruising the Mex Riviera. Both times were fantastic. We live here in San Diego and would be happy to answer any questions regarding things to do in San Diego and which excursions we enjoyed the best.

I hope you enjoy your cruise; we certainly did.

Wendy

HI I want to thank everyone for such a warm response to my questions about the carnival spirit and san diego!!! You all seem so friendly would love to hug each and everyone of you!!! I know its a long way off, but I always plan ahead, we had just gotten back from the western carib on the explorer of the seas RCCI, we have been on 2 RCI ships, 2 princess ships, and one NCL, and a friend of ours who loves carnival and whom we wanted to travel with is asked us to choose a carnival cruise this time, so thank you for all the positive imput on this cruise!! Is this holliday in expensive? im sure it probably is being so close to the pier, does it fill up fast? I guess I should start saving my money, since we dont do credit cards, got into trouble with them at a young age. my email is Bcaugherty3@aol.com if anyone wants to write me! Wish someone would say they are going in October of 2007 with us would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

We sailed Sapphire Princess (sister to Diamond) last November, Carnival Spirit this November, RCI Vision of the Seas November 2007. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them!

The Holiday Inn directly across from the cruise port is named the Holiday Inn On The Bay. Its on Harbor Drive in San Diego.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/sanem

It has a free shuttle from the airport. You do not need a shuttle to the pier because it is literally across the street. You will walk farther from your room to the front desk than from the front desk to the pier.

Was on the Spirit 8 day Mexican Riviera this last March. Great ship, nice enough ports, fabulous crew and staff. I'll try to answer any questions.

DH and I are on the Spirit out of San Diego, December 1, 2006. Do you happen to have any pictures of the Spirit docked at the ports that you could share? We have a corner aft balcony and I am wondering what we will be looking at when in port. What did you do in the ports (Acapulco, Ixtapa, Manzanillo) that you enjoyed or did not enjoy?

My group has had a change of plans on that April 8th sailing. Since it is Easter Sunday and lots of children out of school for spring break we will instead try for the 11/14.07 sailing along with Greselda.

luvocean9 I have lots of photos from our 2004 sailing on the Spirit. I too had a aft wrap around. E me your addy and I'll send them to you. You will love it.

Frequent Floater - I emailed you my address, so fire away. When the Spirit was in port in Acapulco, could you still sit on the balcony and enjoy the view, or was the view the front of another ship or some concrete?

We are really looking forward to this cabin; changed our sail date just to get it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We have been on the Spirit twice, both times cruising the Mex Riviera. Both times were fantastic. We live here in San Diego and would be happy to answer any questions regarding things to do in San Diego and which excursions we enjoyed the best.

I hope you enjoy your cruise; we certainly did.

Wendy

My hubby and I are cruisin on the Spirit Nov 7/06.

We will arrive in San Diego a couple of days early for a little

sight seeing time. We tend to like to wander and shop rather

than take tours. Our ports are Acapulco, Ixtapa, Manzanillo.

Any ideas of info you might want to share would be greatly

appreciated. We are coming down from Vancouver, Canada

so any temperature about 60 is nice and warm for us. LOL

I also live in San Diego. For information about what to do in San Diego before or after your cruise, I would recommend checking out the United States Ports forum here. There have been many discussions, lengthy detailed posts and a lot of good information posted there already about how to see the Zoo as well as the many other things to do in San Diego (a great city!).

You can see the cruise ship pier in San Diego on this webcam. Most ships will be on the north side of the pier, bow toward land. If there are two ships in port, the south side will also be used (bow toward land):

http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=live&name=/ecodb/sandiego/oneamerica2&pan=-92.69125&tilt=-13.80875&panfov=2.91875&tiltfov=2.275&overlay=default&skin=default&useapplet=true&time=1082938685435&width=640&height=480&quality=65&catalogname=catalog&imagemap.x=-1770&imagemap.y=-1328&imagemap.w=4181&imagemap.h=3136

Archived