Packing for a Baltic Cruise????

MoonBaby

Ok, this is over a year in advance, but since I am in severe post cruise depression...thought I would ask.

Any advice for what to pack for a 14 day Baltic Cruise in Aug on Celebrity? I know temps will be cool. I believe there will 3 formal nights. With Celebrity being more formal, it will mean a little dressier clothes for me and suit jackets for DH. Will probably rent a tux from Celebrity for DH...less to pack!

Considering going to a convention in Glasgow the weekend before the cruise and then having about 4 days to see something of the British Isles precruise. Also worried about how much luggage we can bring on the plane.

Anyone have any ideas?

:confused:

Hi, we're going to the Baltics in little over a month. I am the over-packing queen, I try, but can't help it. Although we're sailing NCL with the Freestyle dining; because of the weather, which will be pretty cool for summer, I'm sure I will REALLY overpack this time with sweaters, jackets, jeans, etc. Things I would not ordinarily take on a cruise.

Formals won't be an issue, I'm probably taking one long dress which is a slip over and takes very little room. It's just the fact that we'll both be taking "warmer" clothing, which as we all know takes up more room.

I just don't like to be unprepared.

Plan your next one quick, it helps!

Romy

Just got back from my Baltic cruise yesterday.

This time of year, it's a fashion nightmare! The calender says summer but the thermometer says, chilly and rainy. I saw some people in short sleeved tee shirts and others in winter coats.

Of course, since you're going in August, it should be warmer.

I had to overpack, no choice. I brought tank tops, which I layered under a cotton or linen button-down shirt during some of the warmer days and then I packed 2 cashmere cable knit pullover sweaters and glad I did. I brought two pashimina shawls and one silk shawl. They all did double duty as I wore them around my neck during the day and then shawl-style on my shoulders at dinner over my dressy tank tops and sleeveless dresses.

I bought a cotton lined rain slicker w/ a hood just days before my cruise and was so happy to have it. I think the photo's of me in every town will have that stupid jacket! I brought a pair of black micro-fiber shoes that don't get ruined in the rain and again was very happy I had them.

I packed a lot, but wore most things, so I guess I really didn't overpack. Layering is the key in that part of the world.

Jane

Very helpful Jane!!!

I will look at this list again right before I pack. Lots of good ideas. I'm already mentally going down to storage to get more luggage out, argh!

Romy

Archived