Waterproof Lanyard Pouch Things...

cee.lynn

Hey Everyone.. I just ordered one of those waterproof lanyard things for my key/card, money and stuff, but my question is... Just how waterproof are these things?

Can I tuck it in the side of my swim suit bottom (assuming it stays there) and really count on everything still being dry?

I am one of those people who would LOVE to carry a fanny pack b/c of the convenience, but just never would b/c they look silly... is the case with the lanyards that everyone wears them, so no one looks like a nerd with it around their neck all the time? :)

What about other "stuff" that we all bring on vacations, like cameras and other valuables that dont fit in the little flat pouch? What do you guys do with those when splashing around in the ocean? I have not taken that many tropical vacations, so I could sure use some tricks and secrets!

C

I have had the hard plastic water wallets leak. But I only have my credit card, cruise card and some cash in it so it really doesn't matter. I have never had a problem with someone not taking wet money. I usually tuck it inside my top when I swim. I don't take expensive cameras or anything else of value to the beach. Disposable water and regular cameras are what I use.

Hey Everyone.. I just ordered one of those waterproof lanyard things for my key/card, money and stuff, but my question is... Just how waterproof are these things?

C

I just bought one also. I put a piece of paper in it, weighed it down in a pot of water, left it overnight (because I forgot to check it earlier:D ) in the morning it was 99% dry.

i use one when snorkeling.. if you put it in the bottom of your bathing suit you need something to tie it to.. men's bathing suits usually have a drawstring that my hubby tied his to and then tucked it into his suit.. if its a place with no lockers I usually take a waterproof camera (cheap one).. or if its on an excursion boat I have never had anything taken and I just leave it on the boat while snorkeling

If you're talking about the money tucks, just make sure to not fill them too much so that the little zip top opens. I never had any problems and they worked really well for us.

We brought disposable underwater cameras for Grand Cayman, where we snorkeled. In Cozumel, when we'd be on the beach, we just brought regular disposable cameras, instead of bringing our digital on shore. I recently bought my own digital camera and I'd like to bring it on shore, but am not sure yet if I will. If I do, I'll buy a waterproof casing for it and carry it everywhere with me.

Archived