Quebec City tours

We will be visiting Quebec City on a New England/Canada cruise on Constellation in October. We would like to take a city tour, and hopefully, see the falls. We would like an independent tour operator rather than the ship excursions. Can anyone help us out with information about a tour you have taken? We would appreciate opinions and suggestions! Thanks for the help. Donna Kincaid

KCKitties,

Thanks for trying, anyway! I hope someone will answer for both of us! No, we are on the next sailing, on October 16. I am looking forward to the cruise, and to Constellation. We did Millennium for the Panama Canal a couple years ago, and it was wonderful. They are beautiful ships with superb service. Have a great cruise.

http://www.quebecregion.com/e/otq-membres.asp?lnMajorBc=1100&stMinorBc=1113

This link mentions many tour companies you can also make a google search the ''Quebec tour de ville''. I haven't try any since I live in Quebec City. If you have a good health and you can walk without problem, Quebec is better to be seen by foot. You're right though, you will need a tour to visit the falls or Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré Cathedral or the Island (Île d'Orléans). I'm pretty sure there is a tour operator just up of the funicular. The walk to the funicular is one of the best to explore the port are, older part of town (must see) and the Chateau Frontenac Hotel.

..and if you don't want to "walk" the old city take a carriage ride..you will find them at the top of the funicular by Chateau... a wonderful way to get an overview.. you don't want to explore this gem via van or otherwise "closed up" IMHO

• 5 years later...

Archived