Have not heard back from Denrus!!!

I booked the 2 day value tour on May 30 for our trip in early July and have not heard back from them. Sent an email yesterday and they have not replied to that either. Did get the auto reply when we booked but no tickets etc yet. Should I be concerned. I have already cancelled the Princess tour so I guess I AM conerened. Thanks for help.

I would not be concerned - but I know how you feel as I worry about things also.

If you do not hear back from them within the next couple of days try phoning the US line they have setup direct to Russia... you have to be aware of the time difference though so I would phone as early in the morning as possible.

See website for phone #.

http://www.denrus.ru/

I have been working with DenRus on a custom tour. I hadn't heard anything for about a week, so I sent a follow-up email and got a reply yesterday apologizing profusely, saying they are very busy getting people set up for the coming week, and assuring me they would get back to me within a week. Hopefully they'll get back to you soon too. I have found a second "reminder" email to them useful on two prior occasions already.

Well 4 more days have gone by--sent follow up email and did NOT get a reply to that either. Guess I will call them tomorrow. My problem is that I do not know if I have a reservation or not. Would go to Red October if I knew that Denrus was going to be this irresponsible. May have to go on the Princess tour but just don't want to do that. Mad at them for making us think we HAVE to take their tours!!!

Well, I suppose it can't hurt to make an initial inquiry with RO or Alla in the meantime. That way you'll at least feel like you're not a sitting duck. Most likely, though, DR will get back to you in plenty of time. Have you considered calling as some people suggest?

I booked the 2 day value tour on May 30 for our trip in early July and have not heard back from them. Sent an email yesterday and they have not replied to that either. Did get the auto reply when we booked but no tickets etc yet. Should I be concerned. I have already cancelled the Princess tour so I guess I AM conerened. Thanks for help.

Hello Dottie,

Maybe the reply email from Denrus is in your spam folder. Stan usually gets back to me with answers to questions:

fit@denrus.ru is his email. Is that the one you used?

Judy

I hadn't heard back from them for a while either so decided to call. They asked me if my email address is with AOL, which it is. I was told AOL blocks some Russian emails. So I then got a Yahoo email address and used that to write to them and they received it and found them to be very responsive.

I am soooooooo frustrated!!! i emailed Denrus using yahoo yesterday and still no reply. I guess I will try to call them tomorrow or the next day. Can't understand why everyone else says they reply right away and they have not replied to my FIVE emails.

They have never replied right away to me. Each round of emails has taken, at a minimum, 2-3 days. Sometimes longer. I too am waiting for a further response from them, but as I posted previously they did email me several days ago apologizing for the delay, explaining that they were very busy getting tours set up this week, and that they would get back to me soon.

dottiedef, I do think a call to them may be in order for you, as your time is getting closer and they may be having trouble connecting with you (possibly). Good luck.

I just received an e-mail from Natalie at Denrus. We are traveling in August. She said that they are swamped right now with immediate tours and can only keep up with some July bookings. She said she will respond to my request after there is a lull in business. I replied no problem because we still have 2 months to go. Just fine-tuning our existing booking.

I have AOL and had sent two e-mails before getting Natalie's reply. Not an AOL issue, but just that Denrus is so busy right now. I think I am getting their e-mails through because their e-mail addresses are in my address book.

Good Luck. I have had good response time from Denrus staff in November and March (off-season for cruises).

They Email You The Tickets And You Print Them Yourself. It Can Be Done In 30 Seconds The Day Before You Leave. We Found Aol To Be A Problem Even With Them In Our Address Book And Got Answers From Emails From Work Immediately With No Problem.

We Just Got Back Last Week. Denrus Was Efficient And Anna, Our Guide, Was So Knowledgeable. We Got In And Out Of Stuff Much Easier Than The Big Groups. Everyone Who Took A Private Tour Was Happier Than Everyone Who Took The Ship's Tours So Hang In There.

By The Way, There Was Absolutely No Problem Walking Right Off The Ship The Minute We Were Cleared To Do So. We Were The First 8 People Off The Ship. Denrus Was Waiting And Off We Went Before 7:30am And Beat The Tour Buses By An Hour Everywhere All Day Long Thank Goodness. The Key At Every Port On This Trip Is To Be Down There Early. 30 Minutes Before They Say You Can Get Off Is Good. In Russia Due To Nerves, We Went Down An Hour Early.

Need Any Info On Any Other Ports?

Linda

Linda, thanks for the reassuring words and posting back! Did you take the train to Stockholm? If yes, how was the tender boat situation handled? Since you are going independent, did you need to stop in one of the lounges for a tender ticket?

Thanks for your help.

MTemple212---When did you book your tour? I booked mine on May 30th and have not heard back. Even tried yahoo email with no success(as suggested by others). I called this morning but the Russian office was closed(called about 8:45AM eastern time) so I left a message. Will try and get up very early one day soon and try calling them again if they do not return my call. Are you on an independent tour or the 2 day value tour? We were signed up for the 2 day tour. There are 3 of us going---that is I HOPE we are going. See that the princess tour we cancelled is now waitlisted!

I'm new to this thread, but I've been corresponding on the site of our cruise and they suggested this site. I've had problems booking with DenRus. I'm now thinking of using Optima, but no one seems to know about them. Anyone heard of them or know anything about them. web site is (travelinrussia.com)

I'd appreciate any info anyone can give. gloria

Archived