Belize -- Tourism Village

*CruiseFan*

My friends and I were wondering what there is to do food and bar-wise near the pier? Any good links that would name off restaurants and bars around the port? We're cave tubing but will wanna grab a cold drink and a bite to eat before getting in line to tender.

Thanks!

The Belize village area isn't that big but the Wet Lizard was a hot spot when we were there. It was packed! Seemed like a fun place and good stop for some refreshments.

Perfect! Is it close to where you line up to tender? About how long is the walk back to the tenders?

If your drink is beer, try the home-grown Belikin beer. I got one each for self and DW from the bar and enjoy them while waiting in the line to get back on the tender. I don't remember the name of the bar but it on the second story of the building that over looks the tendering point. All you have to do is stumble down the stairs and roll the 100 feet or so. And the prices weren't bad for being where it was.

If your drink is beer, try the home-grown Belikin beer. I got one each for self and DW from the bar and enjoy them while waiting in the line to get back on the tender. I don't remember the name of the bar but it on the second story of the building that over looks the tendering point. All you have to do is stumble down the stairs and roll the 100 feet or so. And the prices weren't bad for being where it was.

How dark is it? Is it a very wheaty beer?

• 2 weeks later...
How dark is it? Is it a very wheaty beer?

I recall that there were a light and dark variety. They are not wheat beers.. The light variety was more like a typical lager.

Re: the Wet Lizard, we enjoyed the place. I am not sure that there is another bar very close to the tender terminal in the Tourism Village.

Archived