Who is www.cruiselocators.com?

merela

I just got a cruise critic email and there were links to this website.

Is this an on-line travel agent? Can I book through them? Or is this a cruise search engine?

Has anyone purchased anything through them?

TIA.

Jennifer

I actually booked through them last summer for our August 2004 cruise. We are NWA frequent fliers and they offered ff points if you book your cruise through cruiselocators.com. I checked lots of prices and one year out they had good prices. The guy I spoke with talked my ear off, but was nice. I asked at the time if they would honor a price reduction if Princess reduced prices and was assured that they would. I kept checking prices on lots of sites on a regular basis and kept track of prices for our particular cruise. Several months later, I saw prices drop significantly on all sites so I called cruiselocators. I was concerned that they wouldn't give me a price reduction so pretended to be a potential new customer and inquired about some general cruise questions and asked again if prices dropped if they would honor it and was once again assured that they would. Well, guess what? When I called later that morning and spoke to my TA about it he said they couldn't possibly give me a reduction like that! Talked till I was blue in the face to no avail. He did give me $25 pp discount. Wooee! I was so mad that I called again and spoke to his supervisor and he wasn't any easier to deal with. So, I started checking around and found that I could very easily switch TA's without losing any deposit or my cruise/cabin selection. I switched to Kim's Kruises and she is so much more pleasant to deal with and saved $600 over cruiselocators.com prices for the same exact ship. So, if you are getting a good price that you can live with, then go for it. But, don't expect any reductions later or be prepared to switch. I don't think there is any risk in using this company, though, as they are backed by NWA. Hope that helps.

Archived