Cococay waverunner

We are considering doing the waverunner excursion on Cococay and was wondering if anyone would have advise on making a reservation earlier in the day or afternoon? We are first-timers on waverunners so any advise is appreciated.

We went in March and signed up early... 9am. I would suggest early as it seemed to get backed up. There is a video you watch etc.. and it takes time to get everyone through. Make sure everyone has their drivers license! It had never done it before and had a great time. I think my 16 yo son thought it would be dumb... but had the time of his life!!! It's a tour... but certainly not tame!! It was one of the hightlights of our cruise.

We did that last year at Coco Cay and had a really great time. Coco Cay will be your favorite stop. ;)

We chose to go as early as possible. They have a BBQ lunch on the beach around 12:00 that you will want to be awear of. It's only for an hour, so if you miss it, you miss it. Also, it keeps you day from being too broken up and overly schedualled if you do it first and then do everything else at your leisure. Also, if you have a booked excursion, you get to be the first to tender off of the ship.

By the way, the snorkling is really great there also. That is the clearest water I have ever seen. Please don't miss it.

Enjoy. :)

We hav edone this twice. The first time we took the earliest time becuase it includes free snorkel gear rental if you chose this time. The next time were were there we had our own gear so we went around 10. This way the day is wide open to chill on a floaty or snorkel around. The snorkeling here is VERY good. Some of the best yet. I have seen many different fish. I have also seen an eel, and even a spotted stingray or two. We really like Coco Cay.

Have fun !!

Archived