Evening Clothes

loranfa

I am looking for a long black evening skirt - preferably not a straight skirt, but elastic at the waist - and maybe georgette over a underskirt.

I need a women's size 24 or 26.

I have not been able to find a long skirt - there are many of that type in the shorter version.

Has anyone seen any formal skirts in a catalog or at a website.

Thanks for the help.

Loretta Faturos
[email]loranfa@aol.com[/email]

When I went on my first Cruise in 2002 I found my long black skirt at Sears in the clearance stuff. I believe I paid about $15 for it. It was sheer with an over skirt. Also found a velvet one at Sears, I think it was $10. Check also the formal clearance stuff at JC Penney and Dillards. I have found great stuff at both of those places at very reasonable prices.

Have you thought about a pair of black flyaway pants? It's loose fitting evening pants with sheer black georgette panels that make it look like a skirt. I've seen them go as high as a size 28. I love mine and they're very slimming and versatile

I found the exact skirt you described at Ross for $4.99. Snapped it up (there were several others there. I wear plus size, too.) Then I added a very thin row of beaded trim to the bottom of the georgette. It looks very elegant--for a total cost of $9.17!

If you live near a David's Bridal ([url="http://www.davidsbridal.com"]www.davidsbridal.com[/url]), I saw a long black skirt there similar to what you're looking for. The price wasn't cheap, I think it was over $70, but the thing was gorgeous. And they had many sizes in stock - I saw a 26 - but you might want to call first to check.

FYI to everyone about David's Bridal -- DEFINITELY check them out for formalwear! I've been to three of their stores in the last week looking for something for the second formal night, and I hit the jackpot today: a gorgeous champagne-colored, (faux) shantung strappy gown, back-slit skirt, for [b]$20[/b]. Well actually I'm lying, it was $19.99 . They have quite a few end-of-season gowns & glitzy tops on clearance, in many sizes (I noticed sizes 2 to 24 on the racks). And for a bridal shop, it's great, they just leave you alone and let you look around, but they're there when you need them. I'm not one to find great deals on anything, so I've been shouting from the rooftops all day about my find.

Hope this helps... Happy cruising! :)

[quote name='PiperMcB']I found the exact skirt you described at Ross for $4.99. Snapped it up (there were several others there. I wear plus size, too.) Then I added a very thin row of beaded trim to the bottom of the georgette. It looks very elegant--for a total cost of $9.17![/QUOTE] Thanks for the wonderful idea. I went and looked at my cruise clothes closet and found something to do that to. Thanks again

Archived