Snorkelworld and Church Bay

stefseahawk

So we will be in Bermuda on the 14th of July from 9-4. I have called Jesse James and they are not sure I could make the morning or afternoon tours:(. Here are my questions.

Has anyone been to Snorkelworld? I have heard good things...but reading on the offical bermuda website leads me to believe its more of a beach and not a good snorkling area.

If we went to Church Bay, Is there anywhere to get lunch? Are there any bathroom facilitys?

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks

StefSeahawk:)

Since you'll only be there a short time I would suggest that you go on a tour sponsored thru the ship.If you miss the ship on a tour of your own,it's your problem. If you are on a ship's sponsored tour you'll be sure to be back in time. We were once on a ship's sponsored tour and we had a problem. The tour person got in touch with the ship, and although our 3 hour tour ended up being 7 hours, there was our ship waiting for the 14 passengers who booked theough the ship. Our cruise stays for 3 days, and if you miss the 6AM departure from Hamilton, no probelm, just catch a cab or bus and you'll be in St. George in 20 minutes. Then, you have to explain to shgip's security whaer you were. They are very careful about security and you have to scan your ship's card on and off the ship. They check to see about missing persons, including yous state room. So. if you are going to be delayed, CALL the ship, the number will be on your daily itennery.

The Snorkel Park at Dockyard (Kings ' Wharf) is a 20 minute ferry from Hamilton, if you take the express ferry. You can snorkel, swim,slide the water slide, rent a few beach toys and there are changing rooms, lockers and a restaurant. But, as it says it's a Snorkel Park. Oh, and water shoes are a must. You can rent all the equitment there, I'm not sure about the water shoes. You can buy them at home in any Targer, Wall, mart, K mart for about $4 a pair kids-senoirs. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Archived