Anyone had Carnival cancel their excursion?

terri1020

Yesterday my husband was checking his credit card statement online and saw a credit from Carnival Tours. I checked our booking and sure enough, our excursion to Virgin Gorda was missing. I called Carnival (what a horrible experience THAT was) and was told that it was cancelled because the price went down. We were never notified. If my husband hadn't checked his credit card we might have gone on the cruise thinking we were booked for the excursion! After being on hold on and off for over an hour, I had to re-book online. The killer is that the price decreased $3pp. We are a group of 10. They cancelled our excursion for $30?! Why couldn't they just issue a credit for $30? Bad business practice! I hope the cruise goes better that the bookings!

Terri

I only noticed because I was looking over excursions for other ports and the Virgin Gorda excursion was no longer listed on my itinerary. We're only 2, so no group discount - our price went down by $10 pp. Nice to see a price drop, but a refund of the difference *and* a note explaining what was done and why would have been preferred.

I noticed this several days ago (less than 2 weeks before I leave!) and posted about it on the Carnival boards, but it got pushed off the 1st page pretty quickly, so I don't think many people noticed it. I had the same thoughts--First of all why not just give everyone who booked it an OBC to make up for the price change? And why on earth didn't they bother to notify us?

I would have been really upset if I hadn't noticed that they cancelled my reservation and then the tour sold out! This is the part of my trip that I'm the most excited about because I've heard nothing but rave reviews of this excursion!

WOW! So it's not just me and my group? What a horrible way to run a business!

Please post when you get home from your Legend trip as we will be going 6/21. Have a WONDERFUL vacation and be sure to enjoy that trip to Virgin Gorda!

Terri

Archived