Denali Princess Lodge; worth the trip?

esmiralda

Hi everybody:

I'm a newbie booked on her first cruise on the Dawn Princess sailing on 8/9, but booked the Heart of Alaska land tour with two nights at Denali. I have read some not-so-good things about the lodge. I already requested a room in Building 7 because of some of the posts. Anything else I shoudl know?

I'm really looking forward to this trip and I'm not hard to please and will make the absolute best of whatever comes. I can't wait!!

Thanks in advance. I've already learned so much from all of you.

Esmiralda:)

We loved that show too!!! It was really fun!!! And we enjoyed the lodge too! I wear braces on my legs and I still really can't complain about the "walking" like the other poster was. We thought the lodge was very nice!!!

Hi! We were at the Denali Princess Lodge a couple of weeks ago. We had no complaints whatsoever, but we were in Building 7. Everything was nice and new. We had friends that were in Building 5. Their room wasn't so new, but it was clean and they also had no complaints.

Have a great time, and Happy Sailings!

I think as long as your expectation is that you're in the wilderness, you'll have a great time. Yes, it's a lot of money to stay there but you're hundreds of miles from anywhere and everything has to be transported in.

In a way, it's a little bit like a deluxe camping experience only you sleep in comfy beds, have hot/cold running water and fabulous food. (Yes, I thought the food was excellent.) I'd certainly go back!

Archived