Diamond/Sapphire aft cabin question

cruisinclergy

We just booked an Alaska SB cruise for June '07 and was wondering if anyone can share your experience in any of the Aloha cabins A744; A746; A749; or A751 on either the Diamond or Sapphire. I've always wanted a balcony cabin overlooking the wake and we're in A751. I'm hoping and guessing there ought to be a great 180 degree view? Are the balconies larger/smaller/same as other BC class cabins? On previous cruises we've always found ourselves gravitating to the rear of the ship and standing at the railing, so we thought having an aft cabin would be perfect.

My previous booking experience has been that there are very few of these cabin locations even available and not all ships have them and the ones that do tend to get booked way early!

I found some info on aft cabins there. We have E732 booked on the Diamond for November 06 and are really excited about having the wake view. We always get cabins towards the stern end of the ship and can't wait to have an actual aft cabin.

On the Regal we spent all our time on the Aloha Aft sundeck the whole 18 days ;-))

Cheers, Denise

I was in A744 on the Diamond recently and liked it very much - just downstairs from the Outrigger Bar and Lido. The view from the balcony was good but cut off on the left by a steel wall. The balcony is standard size with a table and 2 chairs. The wake is brilliant at night.

We just booked an Alaska SB cruise for June '07 and was wondering if anyone can share your experience in any of the Aloha cabins A744; A746; A749; or A751 on either the Diamond or Sapphire. I've always wanted a balcony cabin overlooking the wake and we're in A751. I'm hoping and guessing there ought to be a great 180 degree view? Are the balconies larger/smaller/same as other BC class cabins? On previous cruises we've always found ourselves gravitating to the rear of the ship and standing at the railing, so we thought having an aft cabin would be perfect.

My previous booking experience has been that there are very few of these cabin locations even available and not all ships have them and the ones that do tend to get booked way early!

We haved A746 on Sapphire on June 9.. when are you going.. I did a "search" here on CC for that cabin number and looks like a winner.. Don't usually get balconies but just asked my TA if there were nay and, drat.. she said yes.. def. need those FF miles to be there fot this..

Sorry Caroline, we're on the Diamond, June 2.

It's always a "rush" when first booking a cruise - I don't want to wish the year away - but can't wait until about April for the excitement to kick back in!

Anyone else want to share aft cabin experiences? Are the balconies for these 4 cabins visible from pool/deck/outrigger bar?

My memory isn't great, but I recall the A744 balcony is covered and people above can't see it. That steel wall I mentioned prohibits deck access directly above the balcony. You might get some noise if the pool parties are rowdy, but it's pretty insulated.

We had cabin E732 on a China to Singapore cruise in November 2005. We had a wonderful time on the cruise, and the China pre-cruise tour, and it was definitely a holiday of a lifetime. When I booked the cruise no balcony cabins were available but after final payment I searched online and found that some balcony cabins had become available. I had the choice of a Caribe deck balcony cabin or an aft cabin E732, and based on what I had read on cruise critic I took the aft cabin and was really excited that I had been able to get an aft cabin.

The balcony in E732 was really large and had 2 reclining chairs plus a table and 2 chairs, but we found it virtually unusable when the ship was under way because the noise from the wake was like sitting under a waterfall!!!! Also, it was too noisy to have the cabin door open at night. The balcony was completely enclosed so we didn't get any opportunity to sit in the sun because we were travelling north to south so the balcony generally faced north the whole time. We visited friends who had a cabin on Caribe deck and it was great. No noisy waterfall and part under cover and part uncovered so you could sit in the sun, plus it was much larger than balconies on other decks.

We had also thought that we would be more sheltered from the breeze in an aft cabin, but we found that our friends Caribe balcony cabin was just as sheltered by the balcony wall dividers and the breeze whilst underway was no problem.

So be warned, if you like the sound or a roaring waterfall then you will be happy, if not, try to switch cabins.

We figured it would be pretty noisy just from walking on the aft deck of the Coral. We decided we would write each other notes!! My husband wears earing aids so if the noise is too loud he will take them out ;-))) I just want to experience an aft cabin one time!!

Cheers, Denise

Archived