7/9 Carnival Conquest

straitfan

Hi all! I am new to these boards and not quite sure I am posting even in the correct spot. Your patience is appreciated.

We are booked on the July 9 sailing of the Conquest. A group of 8 of us (4 balcony cabins) are on the Upper deck I was wondering if anyone has been in these cabins (6452, 6485, 6483, 6481) and if there were any noise problems in the cabin from the lounges below.

We've cruised 2 other times but never had a balcony cabin. And actually never ordered room service even once. This may sound strange but I am looking so forward to sitting on the balcony in the mornings with my hot cup of coffee, without having to get up and get dressed and run somewhere for the coffee. Silly question. Can I order a carafe of coffee to be delivered to my cabin from room service? I've also read that the coffee is not good and its never hot when it comes to the room. I am considering packing a small 4 cup coffee pot with my own coffee. Of course this takes up valuable room in the suitcase so I will not do that if it is not necessary. Any comments?

Thanks so much!

Hey I am going with you me DH, BF and her DH. We are on Deck 8 AFT Balcony. Can't answer you this is my first cruise just wanted to say hi and you are welcome to join us on roll call. a few of us are planning on metting up on Monday morning.

I'm new to this board as well and I have no idea what DH, DW, DS, DD, BF....means. I can guess, but I'm sure most of the things I come up with are nowhere close. :)

Just so I don't highjack the thread, I sailed on the Conquest a couple of years ago and no problem on getting a carafe of coffe in your room. I will be sailing on the Glory on 11/11 and can't wait.

The D stands for darling + husbnd, wife, boysfriend, girlfriend, son, daughter, etc! :D

When you are on the main board, scoll down to botom right side. See Forum Jump. Click on your cruise line. Click on your ship. Find the date you sail, click and join the fun!

Happy cruising! :)

Yes, definitely as in "George Strait". He's the man!

Thanks for the info on the coffee. Im sure this isn't a big deal to many, but it is to me. And if I can get a carafe of hot coffee served to me every morning in my cabin and enjoy it on my balcony....well, this will be a great start to every day! The coffee was good and it was hot, correct?

Thanks for your help! I'll leave my little coffee pot at home.

We were just on the Conquest and were in rooms 6382, 6384, 6368. Yes we did hear the Lounge below. Especially in the room 6368, so clearly that the teenagers were able to sing along with the songs. It did not keep me from sleeping cause I leave the tv on for awhile. It won't ruin your trip. It is really better than having the drunks in the hallway at 4:00 am yelling that I heard others complain about.

My parents were in 6456 (were were in 6348) and never heard any noise from below. Only noises were the balcony doors and regular doors slamming when people nearby went in and out. It was also quiet out on the balcony (unless it was after a night of hard partying next door and they were out talking to the neighbors about it - ha ha!). The carafe of coffee we got in the mornings was always very hot. Never had a cold cup. Enjoy!

Be sure and look down at the flying fish! They are so neat. They look real small and can fly a long way before they dive back into the water.

Archived