Hotel for family of 4 in London

A few years ago we stayed at the Dolphin Square Hotel. It was a nice set up for 4, and conveniently located in Pimlico. We stayed in a classic suite, with 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms. It had a small, but adequate living room, and a very small kitchenette.

The hotel has an indoor pool, a brasserie, and had at the time a very nice restaurant. The name is not the same, so I can't give an opinion of it.

If you like the cuisine of Spain, there was a nice (but not special) Spanish restaurant right across the square.

[url]www.dolphinsquarehotel.co.uk[/url]

We stayed in London post-cruise a couple of years back...and were faced with the same question...

We ended up at the Best Western Paddington Court...one of the few reasonably priced hotels we could find with quad rooms...We found our best rate not through Best Western but through one of those hotel finding websites...

The hotel was quite comfortable and very nicely located near Paddington Station (where the express train to Heathrow goes)...and convenient to all the public transportation...

The only problem we had was that it lacked air conditioning ( a common malady in London hotels)...

[url]http://www.paddingtoncourtlondon.com/[/url]

We stayed at the Scala House [url="http://www.scala-house.co.uk/"]http://www.scala-house.co.uk/[/url] - they are great little apartment/hotel rooms near the British Museum area and step away from a tube stop. We had 5 people including 3 teens and really liked having a kitchen, living room and laundry facilities.

After our Royal Princess cruise in May 2004 we stayed at the Churchill Hyatt on Portman Square. It was arranged by Princess. When staying independently we have used the Thistle chain of hotels. We especially like the Thistle Tower for its great views of the Thames and it location next to the Tower of London and Tower bridge.

We stayed lasted summer at the London Hilton Metropole on Edgeware Road. We needed a room for three so we had a similar dilemma. Since this is a big American chain they had the regular hotel features we have become used too. The rooms were quite big with two QUEEN beds. The hotel is the biggest in London because it is a huge conference centre.

The location was very handy. The tube station across the road was a main one that accomodated many lines. You could walk to Oxford St and the Marble Arch as well.

Do a web search for the Thistle Hotel Chain. They are conveniently located throughout London. We stayed at the Thistle Trafalgar last summer-I think we paid in the 90 pound range per night (this was for my husband and myself). The hotels are circa 1980s, and all have restaurants, and/or pubs in the building. They have some "cosmetic" problems, i.e. The rooms have torn wallpaper in places, cracked tile, etc. But they have so many amenities, that we were very pleased, and you can't beat that price for great locations in London. We plan to stay there again on our next trip.

Kathy

Archived