No alcohol @ C&C's over 4th?!

brookeragas

I just read a disturbing post that stated that due to Mexico's election day on July 6th most bars/ restaurants do not serve alcohol beginning July 4th and ending on election day. We are cruising to Cozumel and Playa del Carmen on the 5th and 6th -- going to Carlos n Charlies and Senor Frogs was going to be a major part of our trip. Say it isn't so... Also, if this is information is correct does that mean that we will not be able to enjoy alcoholic drinks at Paradise Beach on the 5th of July either? Thank you for your help on this matter. No I do not have a drinking problem but just never imagined we would not be able to drink in Mexico!!

I emailed someone on the cozumel insider website last night and he replied that since we were tourists in a tourist area (Cozumel) we would be served alcohol if we so wished... this is all news to me so I am just trying to make some sense of it. if anyone else can shed some light it would be appreciated. thank you.

Archived