Anyone dined at Tom Moore Tavern, Bermuda

michelle49

I bought a Frommer's book on Bermuda

It lists Tom Moore's Tavern in the "Very Expensive" category. Reservations required, jacket preferred. Main dishes $21 -$36. (It also says for credit cards accepted, AE, V. Other restaurants list more cards. ONCE I was in a rest that accepted Visa and no MC.)

This landmark establishment serves classic French and Italian cuisine. Seafood is a speciality.

The setting, English silver, German crystal, Luxembourg china, and general ambience contribute to a memorable visit.

It sounds lovely. What made you choose it? I know on the Ports of Call - Bermuda thread there are a couple of locals who pop in and may offer their opinion.

Thanks for the information. I chose it because Majesty offers a $50 coupon for $5 to dine at this restaurant. Also, I did some research and wanted a really good restaurant. I broke it down to four restaurants: Aqua, Newberrry House, Coconuts (for the beach setting) and this restaurant. It was also closer to the boat than the others. It sounded great but you never know, unless you talk to others who have been there.

The vouchers that are worth $50 are for dinner and they cost $10 each. Lunch vouchers are worth $25 each and cost $5. If you want to upgrade to dinner you need to go to reception with your lunch voucher and have them upgrade it. We did this last week while on the Majesty. We dined at the Carriage House which is in walking distance of where we were docked.

The vouchers that are worth $50 are for dinner and they cost $10 each. Lunch vouchers are worth $25 each and cost $5. If you want to upgrade to dinner you need to go to reception with your lunch voucher and have them upgrade it. We did this last week while on the Majesty. We dined at the Carriage House which is in walking distance of where we were docked.

Good to see you again, cruiserssandr. I am glad you clarified the price difference for lunch and dinner. I also plan on going to Tom

Moore's Tavern when we go back again in September. It will be my birthday and I have a feeling that Tom Moore's will be special. I choose it because I think that without the vouchers, we couldn't really afford to try it. That is what is so special about this program, it gives you the opportunity to try resteraunts that you ordinarilly might not go to. I have also heard good things about the Carriage House, which located near the ship in St Georges. How did you like the experience? Tom Moore's is located a littler farther near the Swizzle Inn and the Crystal Caves.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

We enjoyed our dinner at the Carriage House very much. I made reservations before we left home but probably didn't need to. All we had to pay for at Carriage House was drinks. We could have had dessert but we were both too full. They had said dress was "smart casual" but I did notice a guy in there with shorts on. I think next time we are in Bermuda I might like to try Tom Moores. Those dine a shore vouchers are such a good deal I can't understand why some people turn them in. I think some people are upset that some places have a limited menu to choose from but hey where even here in the USA can you have a gourmet dinner for $10 or lunch for $5. At Carriage House we could choose anything off the menu.

We used our Dine Ashore vouchers at Tom Moore's last September. We wrote about it in our review of the Crown to Bermuda in the Memeber Reviews section. In short, it was fabulous: a landmark building, elegant 17th century interiors, a largely (I would guess) local business clientel and very expensive. Even with $100 in vouchers it cost us $200 for dinner for 2. We never regretted it, even though it took about $50 in cabs to get back and forth to Hamilton. Not sure if it's open for lunch.

That being said, I don't see it in the Dine Ashore section on the NCL website anymore. That doesn't mean it's definitely not on the program, but I'd check around. You can always call or email the restaurant directly, here's a link to their website: http://www.tommoores.com/

PS You could choose anything off the menu (which is listed on the website.)

We used our Dine Ashore vouchers at Tom Moore's last September. We wrote about it in our review of the Crown to Bermuda in the Memeber Reviews section. In short, it was fabulous: a landmark building, elegant 17th century interiors, a largely (I would guess) local business clientel and very expensive. Even with $100 in vouchers it cost us $200 for dinner for 2. We never regretted it, even though it took about $50 in cabs to get back and forth to Hamilton. Not sure if it's open for lunch.

That being said, I don't see it in the Dine Ashore section on the NCL website anymore. That doesn't mean it's definitely not on the program, but I'd check around. You can always call or email the restaurant directly, here's a link to their website: http://www.tommoores.com/

PS You could choose anything off the menu (which is listed on the website.)

Tom Moore's Tavern is listed in the Dine a Shore guide we received on the Majesty on our May 28 cruise.

Archived