swimsuit opinion

jazzie67

tbirdjoni~~maybe I should have worded my question differently?? I'm short through the torso....I have no problem with being short...thought maybe someone out there would have a suggestion.....didn't mean to offend
You really shouldn't have to apologize--there isn't anything you can do about your height or your body proportion, but why not dress to highlight the good stuff and hide the stuff you want to? If you can find a swimsuit that makes the most of what you've got, there's nothing wrong with that. I think most of us who responded understood what you wanted to find:p

Didn't mean to start a war.......... I guess I am just tired of people thinking taller is better. There are a lot of insensitive people out there who imply that there is something wrong with being short. A sales clerk in a store would never say to a customer, wow you are stupid, can't you figure the sale price of that item yourself, but think nothing of approaching a short person and saying , wow you are short! My kids are taller than you. Oh and you have heels ON!

tbirdjoni~~I agree with you 100% with people approaching you letting you know you're short...as if I didn't know already....I have a 9yr old daughter who's about 5-6 inches shorter than me and I hear that all the time....even from her! : ) but it's okay....take care and have a good day!

• 9 months later...
I had the hardest time finding tops for my 34D chest. The only tops that I can wear are the halter type with the ties around the back and the neck. I buy a large size and with the ties I can adjust it around my ribcage.

Good luck!

I buy 34D separates at "Everything But Water"- this is a chain store so you may have one....also at a shop down a the beach called Meg's (strictly a "beachwear" boutique)...they have separates of all sizes.

I know the importance of getting great-fitting swimsuit. I saw myself in some pictures that we took on our last cruise and, while my body looked good, my swimsuit looked awful. It was an inexpensive suit and it was sagging and bagging. Maybe it was just too big...I don't know.

I'm ordering this swimsuit.....

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=ZN-212470&page=1&cgname=OSSWMDESKEN&rfnbr=3560

It has an underwire and I love the skirted bottom. I think I'll get it in red. I usually don't order swimwear, but I really love this suit. :D :D

P.S.

I'm on the short side (5'4") and I've tried a tankini and I hated it. It did nothing for my figure. I like my bikinis, although I've also tried a few of them that were ridiculously skimpy. No tankinis or "Wicked Weasel" for me. LOL....

Didn't mean to start a war.......... I guess I am just tired of people thinking taller is better. There are a lot of insensitive people out there who imply that there is something wrong with being short. A sales clerk in a store would never say to a customer, wow you are stupid, can't you figure the sale price of that item yourself, but think nothing of approaching a short person and saying , wow you are short! My kids are taller than you. Oh and you have heels ON!

......and then girls wear those shoes that have 3 inch high soles..........to make them look taller...........but what they look like ......is someone saying ...........hey.........I know I'm short and I am trying to look taller.......:D

.....short can be beautiful......`:)

LOL about the short. I volunteer in my son's 4th grade classroom, and most of the kids are either my height or taller than me (I am 4'11). I am consistantly small (small chest, small hips, 96 lbs), and looked pretty bad in a tankini. I have had 2 kids, so I have a slight mommie buldge, so I wear a high topped bottom. The top doesn't matter to me, but right now my favorite one is a halter style. I do have a couple of 1 piece suits (mostly for snorkling excursions), and I don't think they make me look short. I have learned over the years that with a bathing suit, you definately get what you pay for. I stay away from the cheap ones, as they end up sagging, and losing the stretch in the elastic.

Hope this helps,

Kim

......and then girls wear those shoes that have 3 inch high soles..........to make them look taller...........but what they look like ......is someone saying ...........hey.........I know I'm short and I am trying to look taller.......:D

.....short can be beautiful......`:)

I love to wear heels...not to look taller, but to look leaner. I'm not overweight by any means, but I find I look "dumpy" if I wear flats with jeans because I'm short. I gotta wear heels. Makes me feel pretty. :)

I'm 5', and I love it. If I could suddenly grow 6", I wouldn't. I'm cute this way.

I think it's hillarious when one of my students stands beside me and suddenly says, Hey, have you always been this short? (No, honey, I didn't eat enough vegetables last week, and I lost two inches.) I think they don't realize I'm short because I'm usually standing while they're sitting.

Archived