taxi's-island tour on own

Jeremy19

We have a group of 5 that want to do stingrays and snorkel. Afterwards we would like to do the turtle farm, rum factory, Governors etc. Is taking a taxi safe and easy? I can't find many tours that do all of these.

I don't thnk you're going to have much luck getting a cab driver to do all these things...I could be wrong, but I think you're going to need to book an island tour, either through the ship or from one of the local establishments. I believe the cab drivers charge $5 per person, each way, to drop someone off along 7 Mile Beach area.

We did an island tour through our ship, the time we were there on a cruise, and we were on a mini-bus that seated around 25 people (or so). We went to Hell, The rum cake factory, the turtle farm, stopped at the Gov. Mansion (you don't go inside...you just stop at the entrance), stopped at the old house with the shells in the yard, and did a general tour of the area. There's also a trolley type thing that offers tours. I don't know how to contact them, but when we were there for the week, we saw it many times.

Cabs are quite safe to take. Grand Cayman is like the Beverly Hills of the Caribbean. The only thing that's not safe...is your wallet! :) Of course, bad things can happen anywhere...so be careful like you would anywhere, but we love Grand Cayman for this reason. We rented a car for the week we were there, and there's not a street on that island that we didn't venture up or down. :)

Archived